Venture Shield Makes the Evening News!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been involved in the ppf business for nearly 10 years now and have experience with nearly every brand currently sol. From what I saw in that video, I am not sure any of the films would have kept that customer happy. :wrong On a stark white car like that, they would all have a slight cast to them after a year. This seems like a situation where a very picky customer was taken care of twice by the local company and they finally put their foot down the third time. That being said, I am not trying to defend Venture or 3M in this situation. I am just aying that situation can happen to anyone installing ppf products with any of the current know products available.

maybe. or just use better film that won't show the yellow. They do have film that does look clear on a white car, venture is not this film.

Love to know what that is as I am pretty sure I have touched every film that is currently on the market. May not look yellow the day you install it, but as the video said, this has been on over a year. On a car as stark white as that Vette, I have not seen anything yet that would not have at least a slight cast after a year. If there is one, I look forward to this forum educating me.

Guest Invisibra.net
That prick would have found something wrong with a Big Mac. Not to comment on Venture, but some Corvette owners are jag offs.

Wait a minute... I want to know how you FEEL TD! Quit this couch session rose colored glasses commentary!

On the other hand, as an installer, I'm frustrated with ALL the paint protection film companies and each one's individual issues. It seems that in the beginning, they are quick to listen to the installers input, & frustrations (Even if they don't actually apply our suggestions) but after a while, they put out a product, and say "Here it is. Like it or leave it".

I occasionally get a phone call that starts with "Hi, I'm Joe, you did my 2009 car a couple years ago". For a moment, I'm afraid of what may be the issue. However, they USUALLY say that they have a new car, & want me to do my magic on the NEW car because the old paint protection film did such a good job on the old car.

This customer has a legitimate complaint. Who wants an ugly yellow skin on the front of their white car? BUT, it seems that often the installer gets the bad rap for what is happening when it should go to the manufacturer.

Wow what a great example to the industry and consumers this thread has become.

This consumer paid money to a company to do work.

Everyone in the food chain was happy to take his cash, based around what appears to be a bogus proposition.

The answer to that on here is trash the consumer with the issue and the Car owners of these cars in general.

Ever wondered why PPF is only 1% of the market at best then you need look no further than here.

I reckon some on here need to rethink their positions.

Selling unsupportable bogus propositions has to end if this industry is ever going to grow.

If anyone doesnt get that they need a new career.

Brett and his team have left a lot of installers hanging in the breeze with this one <as the video shows>

Whether we like it or not, someone needs to step up and deal with the implications of this.

This is going viral on car forums, will be interesting to see how the boys in minnesota deal with this.

Blaming the consumer and calling him names aint helping anyones cause.

Fixing the problems of this warranty hangover might.

Cheers

Wow what a great example to the industry and consumers this thread has become.

This consumer paid money to a company to do work.

Everyone in the food chain was happy to take his cash, based around what appears to be a bogus proposition.

The answer to that on here is trash the consumer with the issue and the Car owners of these cars in general.

Ever wondered why PPF is only 1% of the market at best then you need look no further than here.

I reckon some on here need to rethink their positions.

Selling unsupportable bogus propositions has to end if this industry is ever going to grow.

If anyone doesnt get that they need a new career.

Brett and his team have left a lot of installers hanging in the breeze with this one <as the video shows>

Whether we like it or not, someone needs to step up and deal with the implications of this.

This is going viral on car forums, will be interesting to see how the boys in minnesota deal with this.

Blaming the consumer and calling him names aint helping anyones cause.

Fixing the problems of this warranty hangover might.

Cheers

My position in this was not to bash the consumer or use a bogus proposition. I stated that to my knowledge all the materials would have a slight cast on a stark white car after a period of time. I am very up front with consumers when I speak to them about this so that there are no surprises. To many consumers, the slight cast is a worthwhile trade-off for the protection the material offers. As we are all unaware if that conversation took place with this consumer, it is unfair to guess who is at fault here. We all know customers who are far too picky about anything related to their vehicle and will never be happy. It is usually best to identify these types BEFORE you do the work and kindly turn it down. Your best bet is to do a great job educating your customer up front about all aspects of the product and setting expectation appropriately. If you do this effectively, at least you have ground to stand on if the issue ever arises.

Again, I stand by my statement that I have yet to see a film that does not have a slight cast over time on stark white cars like this. However, as I said, after telling people about this, some are willing to accept the trade off for the protection. The product is not perfect. Accept what it is and educate and set appropriate expectations and you are usually alright. :beach

Looks like 3M addressed the yellowing issue when they purchased Venture. The new warranty is 5 years, does NOT cover yellowing and only includes materials. No labor to remove and install.

The link has both the new and old ventureshield warranties. http://www.clearshieldprotection.com/paint...ionwarranty.htm

It will be interesting to see how 3M handles the OLD lifetime warranty ventureshield Had. The old warranty card does state replacement. And it was my understanding even before 3M bought them venture only covered materials.

Archived