Venture Shield Makes the Evening News!

Wow what a great example to the industry and consumers this thread has become.

What's wrong with this thread? This thread is the bad example to the industry and consumer, because I said some Corvette owners are overly picky?

Wow, I apologize for expressing my experience with them and being such a bad example to the industry and consumers.

Let me also apologize to the industry, consumers and any Corvette owners out there.

Yep, it's not bad film that is the problem, it's open discussion that is the problem?

Give me a big break man.

You are free to express your opinions here (even if they are wrong), and I am too.

This consumer paid money to a company to do work.

Everyone in the food chain was happy to take his cash, based around what appears to be a bogus proposition.

The answer to that on here is trash the consumer with the issue and the Car owners of these cars in general.

I'm the only one that "bashed" the guy, so don't say "on here".

Ever wondered why PPF is only 1% of the market at best then you need look no further than here.

This forum is the problem huh?

Well if that's the case then don't contribute to what you see as the problem, an open discussion.

I reckon some on here need to rethink their positions.

When you point a finger, you have 3 more pointing back at you.

This is going viral on car forums, will be interesting to see how the boys in minnesota deal with this.

So, it's going viral on forums, but THIS forum is the reason the industry isn't doing as well as you think it should? Wow, OK :dunno

Blaming the consumer and calling him names aint helping anyones cause.

Fixing the problems of this warranty hangover might.

Cheers

Blaming this forum isn't helping either.

Again, I'm sorry I related my experience with overly picky Vette owners.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again, I'm sorry I related my experience with overly picky Vette owners.

You don't need to apologize TD. I am pretty sure that most of us have met at least one "Corvette Guy" during the course of doing business. Funny, when you use that term almost everyone knows exactly what you are talking about. :thumb

Just to clarify, I have known some really cool Corvette owners also. It just seems that particular car attracts more than it's fair share of overly picky owners.

I stand by my statement that I have yet to see a film that does not have a slight cast over time on stark white cars like this.

:thumb i believe this to be true as well.

and i'll back TD up on the corvette owner thing but i'll take it a little further. while i've met a few (as in 3) cool corvette owners.....the majority of them are complete azzholes to deal with. i know i've mentioned this before but i even had one actually wanna kick my azz because i wouldn't warranty a door glass that he had been hitting with his seatbelt. he actually wanted me to step outside. :thumb and he was like 60 yrs. old. :lol

Ok Lets try this a different way

Whether a consumer is picky or not is not the issue <they are entitled to be its their cash you are taking>

If exotic and Performance car owners werent fussy about thier cars then they would not have this done.

I have never seen an easy going consumer of this product.

Our job is to meet their standards not whine about them.

As for the yellowing issue its not the point, all films can do this it is true, some more than others. Tim and others have made it plain that in most cases this can be reversed <I can confirm this is correct because we have done it>.

The point is the Consumer was sold a Lifetime warranty by installers that this product would not do this.

He was sold a bogus proposition, He knows it I know it you all know it.

Attacking him and them does us no favours.

3M have a responsibility to redress this <and doubtless the many other consumers in a similar situation>

Bearing in mind TD this is an open forum that the public can browse, how exactly does the attitude shown on here help our collective businesses?

OK If everyone is making more dough than they know what do do with and we all have our Ferraris on order, go ahead bite the hand that feeds us.

I am unsure what the legal positon is in the many States in the US, but here in Europe in many states the installer could not step away, as that poor guy appears to have done the third time <no blame here at all>.

Here anyone selling that garbage deal is on the hook for LIFE whathever 3M do or dont do.

I would have thought that should be a bigger concern to us all than whether Vette owners can be difficult.

Oh and there is a world of difference as we all know between a slight cast <usually there from when the film dries> and looking like the car has had a bath in honey.

I will take your advice and not participate further Td, as it seems anyone putting a firm counter position, to that adopted by you is not welcome.

As you full well know I was banned from here once before <by YOU>, for Defending Armourfend against spurious attacks by Venture, here again we have a serious Venture issue and its the customer that gets pointed at, rather than the businesss model that created the issue and the misleading nature of the warranty.

Cheers

Td, as it seems anyone putting a firm counter position, to that adopted by you is not welcome.

That may be your perception, but if it were true this would be a ghost town. I'm sorry you feel that way.

As you full well know I was banned from here once before <by YOU>, for Defending Armourfend

I guess you think I'm defending Venture, I'm not.

I DON'T USE PPF, NEVER HAD, AND I DON'T HAVE A HORSE IN THIS RACE.

Moving on. :nope

That prick would have found something wrong with a Big Mac. Not to comment on Venture, but some Corvette owners are jag offs.

probably some rich retired man with nothing to do but stare at his corvette all day . I have an uncle like that complains about everything .

Archived