Venture Shield Makes the Evening News!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pro-tectFilmMelissa
alberts is referring to the non existent nano fusion im sure.

I have samples and film in stock. Please call me directly at 702-475-6344. Do not message me on here I will probably miss it. I am not TintDude savvy!

Its all nonsense. Ive had hundreds of cars go out with venture and explicitly tell them that white will discolor if they dont care for it right, and if they cant accept it, they can use Scotchgard or Nano (rule:dont sell one film). Ive had cars last 3-4 years before showing yellowing and the customers are well aware of the fact they may have to replace it. I offer to not charge labor, its not that big of a deal. They will keep buying from me as long as I dont sell them false promises. Note to new installers : Sell your own install and warranty how you want to handle it. Manu warrantys never work out and just waste time dealing with it. Every film has its own benefits. I had a car I put Nano on and a week later it had bug stains and tar on it from one day at the track. I told him it wouldnt do that, and i ate the cost of redo. You have to explain to your customers that the film is there to protect the paint from impact, and it IS succeptable to environmental damage. proper care and information will keep your customer happy and if there is a problem, they will be likely to be accommodating with some kind of resolution. Be glad most of you werent around when the original avery went dull after a year or so in the sun unless garaged and waxed every day (David you know). The films now at least have the possibility of lasting 5-7 years with care.

That being said, venture gets a bad rap. I think people are misinformed about its actual capabilities. And customers like this are always going to be there, so you have to deal with it eventually. Good luck everyone.

almost a year and no call yet about yellowing.

59888_438889567301_508372301_4938860_8377189_n.jpg

http://video.sacramento.cbslocal.com/globa...mp;rnd=96596547

Thank God I've only used Venture Shield as a bad example. :deadhorse

Its all nonsense. Ive had hundreds of cars go out with venture and explicitly tell them that white will discolor if they dont care for it right, and if they cant accept it, they can use Scotchgard or Nano (rule:dont sell one film). Ive had cars last 3-4 years before showing yellowing and the customers are well aware of the fact they may have to replace it. I offer to not charge labor, its not that big of a deal. They will keep buying from me as long as I dont sell them false promises. Note to new installers : Sell your own install and warranty how you want to handle it. Manu warrantys never work out and just waste time dealing with it. Every film has its own benefits. I had a car I put Nano on and a week later it had bug stains and tar on it from one day at the track. I told him it wouldnt do that, and i ate the cost of redo. You have to explain to your customers that the film is there to protect the paint from impact, and it IS succeptable to environmental damage. proper care and information will keep your customer happy and if there is a problem, they will be likely to be accommodating with some kind of resolution. Be glad most of you werent around when the original avery went dull after a year or so in the sun unless garaged and waxed every day (David you know). The films now at least have the possibility of lasting 5-7 years with care.

That being said, venture gets a bad rap. I think people are misinformed about its actual capabilities. And customers like this are always going to be there, so you have to deal with it eventually. Good luck everyone.

almost a year and no call yet about yellowing.

59888_438889567301_508372301_4938860_8377189_n.jpg

Very well said. :D

I have been installing film for almost 8 years now. Many of those years I have been using VentureShield Ultra exclusively and not once have I had a customer come back with yellowing issues. What everyone seems to miss here is you can take any film out there and if the wrong product is used to maintain it... it will cause the film to yellwo prematurely. Any petroleum based product will cause yellowing so I always tell my clients to use the sealant I give them with the install or to conact me before trying something new. Most of my clients either use the sealant or go with Zaino... and no yellowing issues at all. I have personally taken film off of a car (because it got keyed) and it looked as good as the day it was installed. The car sat in the sun daily for 6 years and was only maintained with Zaino.

This news report does not full give all the information needed to determine the true issue here. I can apply film on a white car and he can go cause it to yellow by using Plexus... that should not be covered under warranty. The amazing thing to me is Venture still recommends using Plexus even though it contains butane... and has been proven to cause yellowing. Venture is a good film and I will still continue to use it until I try something else that is better. Just make sure that no matter what film you install that your clients know how to properly maintain the film or you will be dealing with the same issues.

What is the most shocking thing to me is this installer [filled out a card] should have known that any white car with "any PPF BRAND" is a sure thing to yellow....I'm straight up front with white car owners and tell them my warranty policy as a professional installer.....NO WARRANTY.... I only use 60''Venture/Gard on hood wraps and have most happy clients and when a bird or tree crap ''f itup'' I charge them again...U simply tell them the paint has been protected and suggest an R/R....CHARGE..CHARGE CHARGE. I can't belive the installer did the job 2 more times and then got bashed on T.V......he should have removed it refunded the money and kept it movin....then again what do I know after 30 years dealing with Vett/dudes....depite all of the bad VEN threads it's finish is still a 10. I have on my 2011 demo and folks love it.

Archived