Can someone video shrinking a new vette?

finishlineautosports

Here's one that's decent quality video footage.

In the same boat as you brutha. 3rd time hopefully will be a charm come tomorrow. Luckily its a buddy of mines 09 Vette and he's being patient. Might try the shrink/tug method again as it seem to work well last time just got too greedy and farked it up.

If you are going to use that video for anything, just use it for the bg. I dont understand why he didnt install the roll up like he did. Way better to pull the liner all the way off to install all at once. Im pretty amazed though that he was able to shrink the bg with very little overhang of film.

been a few weeks but finally gave up and did the Jabrone 2 peice until I get more 1 peices under my belt. Did figure out half way threw doing the second peice I wasnt heating up the tint enough. Gonna redo it soon and just leave the 2 peice if it doesnt work again. I know alot of people ask what type of heat gun and settings. So heres what I found worked on a G8 a few weeks later. Snap on heat gun that has 3 settings used high setting on appx 5 on the dial. Anything less seems like your just chasing your tail. Worked like a charm on the G8 but thats a fairly flat window as they come. If I get the Vette nailed I will post my findings/settings for that particular heat gun. I know Snap On isnt cheap but after hours on end being on it never quit. Im more of a take my time guy than just rushing threw. When the Vette is done again it will be my 4th ish time. Sometimes practice and right tools make a difference. Ill always pay for better equipment that will last. BTW using Llumar ATR 20% love it other than the aftermentioned Vette BG but thats me and not the film.

Archived