Ripoff Report website - a scam for your competitors

So, today I am searching the net for my company and I run across a post on the website Ripoffreport.com. It was a post from Sept. 2009. The poster claimed that I had done work for her, it wass not good and we damaged her property. I researched back to that time in my invoices and had never done work for her, nor did I remember doing anything.

Upon finding this out, I contacted the website to ask that they remove the post. They sent back a form email, about 20 paragraphs or more long, basically stating that they would not remove it, look into it, or review my information. they told me that I could leave a rebuttal, TO A FALSE POST.

MY recommendation to anyone is to watch out for this site. The posts could be from your competitor trying to trash you and the site will not do anything to remove false posts.

They allow the poster to hide their information. I can sue them, but, it appears they look forward to that. They actually have a tab on their page that says'Want to sue us'. The funny part is, I went to put up a rebuttal and the page continues to blow out aith errors as you try ti finalize it. Odd?, I dont think so. That is how they cover thsir a$$. Allow you to work on posting, then pop it out at the last click.

Dang! I typed up a nice :spit consumer rebuttal for the Houston one

and now it won't post. I "joined up" and everything.

Says " in the process of upgrading" riiiight.

I suck at typing, so I like it to at least count when I do! :beer

Dang! I typed up a nice :D consumer rebuttal for the Houston one

and now it won't post. I "joined up" and everything.

Says " in the process of upgrading" riiiight.

I suck at typing, so I like it to at least count when I do! :bingo

As I said, I tried a rebuttal also and got the same thing.......Nothing but a scam. Ripoffreport.com is a large scam. They use the annonimity of the internet as their shield. Try sending them an email about it, you will get a long winded response loaded with bull.

Archived