Help?

Guest dnoftz

Guest dnoftz

No mater how many cars or trucks I do I always seem to have small little bubbles. some are dirt nibs but most are just small little bubbles. Not sure what Im doing wrong. I clean the inside of the glass 2 times before I even trim. Then clean the out side of the car, trim then go and clean the inside a 3rd time peel the liner then stick. I use a blue max to get all the water. To top it off before I even pull a car in I spray mist in the shop air and wet the floor down so there is do dust. Still the same results.

Another problem I cant seem to fix is the lower section by the mirror. I always have a 1" gap on the bottom by the mirror. I trim from bottom to top and I use my hard card as a straight edge but still always a damn gap. Driving me crazy and If I leave it longer there it is always to long and wont tuck.

any suggestions of ways to fix my rookie mistakes would be grateful

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest filmslayer

cut and shift your pattern , look on inside to see how much and to what side needs most ... what water source ya using ? sounds like you need to clean your bottles and try some distilled water ...

Idk on the bubbles we need a pic. On the gap you are not locking the film down on the outside first. Spray a mist of water on the windows before trimming put the tint up there then take a hard card a squeege out a section in the middle this will prevent the tint from sliding when you roll the window down.

Guest dnoftz
when you apply the film and are sliding it into place does it grab a lot and hard to move around? if so use more soap in your slip, it will help it slide more and get ride of your bubbles

It usually is hard to get it to slip in place it seems to grab a lot. How much j&j per quart is every one using? Im in ohio Curently Im using half a tee spoon per quart.

Guest dnoftz
cut and shift your pattern , look on inside to see how much and to what side needs most ... what water source ya using ? sounds like you need to clean your bottles and try some distilled water ...

Ive tried distilled and still get the same results. When u say shift it are you saying to take and cut up the back side then shift it to the right then trim the mirror side. Is there a video I might be able to watch that shows this. I know its probably simple what your saying to do but Im a visual learner.

Guest dnoftz
how do you place to film on the window after removing the liner? are you touching the adhesive side of the film?

I do touch it in 2 spots but that's not where my bubbles are at.

Archived