New Tinter

Hi I really want to get into tinting here in the Maitland area in Australia. Theres a market for it as i know one tinter whose very busy even in winter! I run a window cleaning business Excel Window Cleaning (www.facebook.com/excelwindowcleaning). Anyway i have the application tools and have done one car which i bought just enough tint to do it. I need now to get a roll, i was looking at Northen Tint 2ply nr Charcoal Black 35% 40"x100'. Is this film ok to learn with on family & friends cars?

Hi I really want to get into tinting here in the Maitland area in Australia. Theres a market for it as i know one tinter whose very busy even in winter! I run a window cleaning business Excel Window Cleaning (www.facebook.com/excelwindowcleaning). Anyway i have the application tools and have done one car which i bought just enough tint to do it. I need now to get a roll, i was looking at Northen Tint 2ply nr Charcoal Black 35% 40"x100'. Is this film ok to learn with on family & friends cars?

You could learn on your own, but I would advise you learn from someone. When learning, you're going to have so many questions that books and video wont cover. I learned from a tinter at a car dealership. I was working as a porter and had a lot of downtime. So I made friends and he was cool enough to teach me. When I started to get the hang of it, the service manager took notice and had me come in on Saturdays to make extra money. I would make more money in that one Saturday than I did in an entire week as a porter. Anyways, I'm guessing you live in Australia. I'm sure dealerships are very similar to the ones here in the states. If you have the time, see about getting a part time gig at a dealership, just make sure they have an on sight tinter. A service porter or courtesy van driver are great gigs for down time. Some people will pay crazy money for tint schools, I got paid for learning the trade. Good luck.

Archived