online suppliers.

Guest SolarGardGuy

Give me a call! I am a Solargard distributor! Forget about that whitebox stuff and use a GENUINE quality line that you can stand behind. You don't want to get the reputation of the guy whos film fades to nothing after a year or two.

We have great pricing, no minimum orders and all of the tools as well!

My name is Sean, give me a ring at 631-881-4211

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatsnappyguy

I would buy the global film from him, I find the prices of the qdp are way too high. I get the same thing from valuetint for $.43 per sqft shipped to my door.

I find the prices of the qdp are way too high. I get the same thing from valuetint for $.43 per sqft shipped to my door.

Hi Snappy,

I have never disparaged Valuetint - but it is not Global. I am intimately familiar with that product construction and how it differs from branded Global products. Valuetint may well be a good choice for you, but in no way is it "Global at a better price".

My suggestion:

Contact the person(s) who misinformed you about this and correct them. You can quote me verbatim: Valuetint is not Global. If you, or them, or anyone else has questions about this then give me a call at (800)FILM-NOW.

The lower price of that product reflects the substitution or elimination of critical components and processes. Branded Global films are unique unto themselves and are only sold thru Authorized Global Distributors. The factory does not ship Global to any entities other than Authorized Global Distributors, a list of which can be found on the Global Corporate Website.

For the sake of accuracy on these boards, I am contradicting your post.

-Howard

Guest scottydosnntkno

:rollin

another thing about howards film is that its the same price for any vlt. From my old global distributor it was varying pricing depending on the shade you wanted. 5% always cost more.

To me, it's worth the extra $4/car to make sure you have genuine global film.

Howard, you inbox is full. I need to talk to you about some warrantied color stable film. Comparable to the qdp and atc.

Hi Snappy,

I am unable to provide customer service via PM- just call me at (800)FILM-NOW.

Why not just buy QDP from Phillip? He is practically in your back yard. The Llumar Film you are using is top-notch, but the Global is every bit as good and the pricing is probably much better.

-Howard

Guest mr3y1956

Normally I try to avoid conflict but this one I have to add at least a few comments.

EWF is absolutely correct! There is a difference between Valuetint and Global. Valuetint is a company in Oklahoma and Global is a corporation in India.

There are NO shortcuts in the construction of our films. Evidence of that is you don't hear of our products changing colors or any customer complaints about the product.

However, there is one CRITICAL component missing here and that is OVERHEAD!

The fact that we run a tight ship allows us to give our customers the best VALUE for their money.

There are a few on the board that are content in doing business with us, I would suggest that you get their opinion.

Never ask a fox to guard your chickens!

Hello ValueTint,

I’m sorry. It seems from your post that I did not make myself clear enough. In order to resolve any speculation, ambiguity or doubt, allow me to enlarge:

First, Global is not a corporation in India. Global PET is a corporation organized under the laws of Florida and headquartered in Pembroke Pines. Garware Polyester, LTD is located in India and they produce and sell Global Window Film exclusively thru a network of authorized Global Distributors Worldwide and I am very fortunate to be one of them.

My intent was not to draw distinctions between companies. I was pointing out the specific difference between window film purchased from ValueTint as compared to Global Window Film, which can only be purchased from an authorized Global Distributor.

I have in my possession, a side-by-side comparison table of each component and process incorporated in these two products. They are not identical products. Global Distributors are paying the factory a premium price for the Genuine Global Film and this is what accounts for the cost differential – not the overhead as you suggest. Several of the Global Distributors are also running “lean operations”, some of which may well be leaner than yours.

In fairness, I realize that you may not be aware of the differences. Accordingly, I will be calling you on Wednesday morning in your office to discuss the particulars.

The thinly veiled and incorrect perception that “Valuetint = Global” at a better price is very touchy subject with the all of the domestic Global Distributors.

By your own words, the product you sell has many excellent qualities as well as satisfied customers. Nobody (including myself) is calling that into question. But whoever is perpetuating the myth of “Global at a better price” needs to refrain from it immediately, because it most certainly is not.

I look forward to speaking with you on Wednesday morning.

-Howard

Guest thatsnappyguy
Howard, you inbox is full. I need to talk to you about some warrantied color stable film. Comparable to the qdp and atc.

Hi Snappy,

I am unable to provide customer service via PM- just call me at (800)FILM-NOW.

Why not just buy QDP from Phillip? He is practically in your back yard. The Llumar Film you are using is top-notch, but the Global is every bit as good and the pricing is probably much better.

-Howard

Howard, i love global qdp. At a reasonable price, i would buy it from anyone, but I would never consider giving Philip another penny of my hard earned money. Long story short, I don't do business with people like that. I got some bids to do downtown in the morning and I'll call you when I'm cleared. Hopefully we can talk about what's up. I need a good product that is color stable, yet at a cleaper price to distinguish from the high heat rejection of the atr. ...but it has to be color stable and warrantied with no exeptions. Thanks.

Archived