why do some put alcahole in there slip

Guest dnoftz

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VOLTRON

the only time I go over the film twice is when installing security film, I dont do any auto so I cant speak on squeegee method there other then most auto guys I see dont use much pressure at all when pushing water out.

the only time I go over the film twice is when installing security film, I dont do any auto so I cant speak on squeegee method there other then most auto guys I see dont use much pressure at all when pushing water out.

then you have never seen me tint a b/g. :dunno

Guest VOLTRON

then you have never seen me tint a b/g. :dunno

You are correct I have never seen you tint :) But I am just going by the amount of pressure I use on flat even for just solar films I still push probably twice as hard then most auto guys I have seen. I know there are auto guys out there that use more pressure to get the water out but it doesnt seem like its the norm from what I have seen.

Guest VOLTRON

yea I would imagine its well practiced up there, here in Texas its 109 and you could put the film on and not push any water out and it would dry in 3 days.

Guest fredstinting
I have heard a few people say they add a little bit of alcohol to there slip solution. Is there a reason for this? Also is it best to have a lot of slip? And what is your prefer j&j Mix?

i would never allow any alcohol to be any place on a clean window before any film install . what will happen is you film will stick instantly and will never have slip .

if you are ever doing resdiential or commercial tinting and a conner of the film doesnt want to stick take some alcohol and put some on the conner of the film it will stick but dont't use your hard card to much because the glue will clump up and you will see it .

I would not advise it if you use SunTek. :thumb

never had any problems when I used Suntek. :beer

I have had some poeple say not to use it with bronze films. Again just hear say. :beer

Their adhesive has changed through the years, but it used to turn to goo. Seemed like the last issue I had was some runoff when working on some dots about 3-4 years ago. :lol

Archived