New owners in home previously tinted by you.... now there is a problem

Got a call the other day from a guy who is now living in a home that I tinted back in 05/06... .he said that the windows look hazy...

Obviously there is no warranty... which he knows... he said they (him & his wife) really like the tinting... but he said some of the windows look hazy and he's not sure if it's the window or the film. I told him I would stop by and look at them tomorrow.

Not sure how to handle it *if* there is a problem with the film. I checked my records, and it was before I started using QB... and the paperwork I have doesn't say what film I used, but I did about 8 homes on the street that year and they all got some form of lulu... n1040/n1050. The total price isn't a lot, so it's not a ton of windows... which means there is a potential for tinting more. At least that's what I'm thinking. (I don't even carry lulu anymore)

That's my main reason for trying to help this guy out..... if they like the tinting, maybe they will want other windows tinted.

I'm actually surprised that the old home owners kept my paperwork... and gave it to the new owners.

Would anyone do anything to help in this situation? I'm sure some would be like - sorry... not my problem anymore... but I firmly believe in what goes around comes around...

That being said... I don't have any interest in giving this guy free film/labor.... but I also don't want to just say - piss off....

If you find it's film failure, I'd be honest and tell them that unfortunately because there has been a change in the deed title you can't cover it under the manufacturer's warranty. Then I'd offer to look after them on the replacement cost, maybe do the removal at no charge, you've got to clean the windows anyway .....:lol every case is different

Guest Malcolm E Boo

A little goodwill goes a long way.

May be wait until winter and do the job where they pay the labour and you pay the film :lol

I would bet it is not the film, like F1windowtinting said that it is seal failure.

Roach, you should keep better records on the jobs you do, for times like this.

If the windows have seal failure, I would offer to have the company you use when you have a breakage, to replace the glass for them and give them a deal on replacing the film.

Either way take care of this customer.

Good luck.

Believe me... Now I do. Back then I did most of the time but not with every job. Unfortunately this was one of the ones I didn't keep great records on. :(

Believe me... Now I do. Back then I did most of the time but not with every job. Unfortunately this was one of the ones I didn't keep great records on. :(

:whisper

Archived