SC Violation

Guest SntRcktDrvr

Guest SntRcktDrvr

Hello All,

My window tint guy asked me to come here and ask a question. I drive an 06 xB and live down here in Myrtle Beach, SC. We both though the car is a "multi-passenger" vehicle which then entails we could do 27% on the front (legal) and as dark as we want on the rear. I see a lot of the SC laws state 27% all around. I just got a violation on this after 2 1/2 years with this tint on my car. Can someone please clarify on this situation. I need to know if I just have to change my rear to 27% or is the xB considered a "multi-passenger" vehicle? Thanks for any input.

Tim

Hello All,

My window tint guy asked me to come here and ask a question. I drive an 06 xB and live down here in Myrtle Beach, SC. We both though the car is a "multi-passenger" vehicle which then entails we could do 27% on the front (legal) and as dark as we want on the rear. I see a lot of the SC laws state 27% all around. I just got a violation on this after 2 1/2 years with this tint on my car. Can someone please clarify on this situation. I need to know if I just have to change my rear to 27% or is the xB considered a "multi-passenger" vehicle? Thanks for any input.

Tim

Look on your title, registration or insurance that should denote the vehicle type.

look on the birth plate in the driver's door jam. it'll say right on it whether it an MPV or Passenger vehicle.

i've never seen it listed on the insurance or the registration. birth plate is the place to look.

Archived