shrinking winshield strips question

When putting a strip on windshields I usually shrink them out. Well I've been having problems with it sticking to the dot matrix and I'm not talking about it looks a little cloudy like it usually does I mean I can actually see on the inside where the film is not sticking. It looks like it does after shrink it out almost. I even tried sanding the matrix and it looked good from the outside but you can still see on the inside where it is not laying good. Any opinions?

When putting a strip on windshields I usually shrink them out. Well I've been having problems with it sticking to the dot matrix and I'm not talking about it looks a little cloudy like it usually does I mean I can actually see on the inside where the film is not sticking. It looks like it does after shrink it out almost. I even tried sanding the matrix and it looked good from the outside but you can still see on the inside where it is not laying good. Any opinions?

You mean it looks kinda wrinkly where it was shrank?

Yeah it looks kinda wrinkly where it was shrunk and its not ghost marks I actually see the film not sticking to the glass. Suntek HP 5%. I've tried heating that are and chiziling but still nothing

Yeah it looks kinda wrinkly where it was shrunk and its not ghost marks I actually see the film not sticking to the glass. Suntek HP 5%. I've tried heating that are and chiziling but still nothing

Did you recently start using Suntek? A lot of thicker films when shrank will appear as wrinkly from the inside of the car. I have always used llumar atr and atc. After finishing the back window, from the inside it is wrinkled like crazy. Even if you hit it with a blue max, it still looks wrinkly. The wrinkles always go away after the tint cures. It's a lot harder to get all the water out of the thicker films, where as the thin stuff nearly looks cured right after squeegeeing it.

Guest tintpro2007

Try using glue on those dots, just like you would on back window dots, they're the same thing, so not only will it allow it to stick, but it will also make it look 10 times better, being as there will be no white :rest

Archived