Should I try Llumar clear film next?

Guest nichole87

Guest nichole87

Hello,

I had Johnson clear film put on my windshield last winter because to help help protect my skin. I still feel like I'm getting uv rays because my face and hands are darker. I couldn't find a tint shop that had a UV meter to confirm this but I'm pretty sure that's what's happening. Should I try Llumar next?

Any information would be appreciated!

Thank you!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it so discouraging that so few shops will invest the money to purchase a UV meter.

They are money in the bank! Selling on UV is a huge market we are all missing out on right now, think of the amount of money spent on skin care and the amount damage UV exposure does to the body. Right now most people seek window film for privacy, looks or heat rejection. There are so many people out there who would gladly get window film if they only knew what it was capable of doing.

but...when it comes to a windshield application like this it doesn't really make much sense to me. the laminate blocks most of the UV anyway. :thumb i totally understand what you're saying Tim and agree 100%. but with windshield application....not so much. :imok

I find it so discouraging that so few shops will invest the money to purchase a UV meter.

They are money in the bank! Selling on UV is a huge market we are all missing out on right now, think of the amount of money spent on skin care and the amount damage UV exposure does to the body. Right now most people seek window film for privacy, looks or heat rejection. There are so many people out there who would gladly get window film if they only knew what it was capable of doing.

I understand that UV inhibitors won´t last too long, they also don´t filter all the UV rays, so personally I don´t push UV as a priority since I don´t want clients get false impression :thumb

That is correct. They are actually UV absorbers. An inhibitor is what they use in personal care products like sunscreens. Absorbers wear out in time depending on where they are located in the film structure. I'm sure the same is true with windshield laminates but I have never seen any published data on how long they hold up.

llumar's air blue 80 would give you more heat rejection.

I have this on my windshield , this stuff rocks :poke You wouldnt even know it's on , it's totally safe for night driving , 99.9% uv , it does make a difference . A great sell to anyone with or afraid of skin cancer, with the bonus of over 40% heat rejection. For what it's worth, this stuff is an easy upsell for anyone with a sunroof...you can actually enjoy the sun coming in without the sun beating the craap out of you. :DD

Archived