Matte or non mirror one way tint

Guest JoeAlbuerne

Guest JoeAlbuerne

Currently working on a hidden camera prank show and we are looking for a window tint or coating that would give me the ability to see clearly from the inside but the outside would have a matte finish or white finish or a color finish or any finish that is not a mirror. Have been using SRC 220 but this is a mirror effect and when people get suspicious and look for mirrors. We have used the perforated vinyl and it has worked fine but the light loss is great and the focal point for a clear shot becomes limited. The platinum series was an idea but that seems to have been discontinued. This is for a long running show and a large amount would be needed. Any thoughts or ideas?

You can search one way here and find most every thing you need to know. The basics are that you need to have the room you do not want to see into darker than the other room. We just did a bunch of one way glass for the Catholic Church. ( I did not ask what they were trying to hide) but it can be tough to achieve what you are asking for.

Guest VOLTRON

other then mirror film you will not be able to get this effect, we do have Matte films but you cannot see through them clearly other then a shadow if they are close to the glass. you could probably use a very dark automotive film like limo tint but you would need a lighting ratio of about 8-1 being more light on the side that you dont want them to see in. The side you are on is very dark and they cannot see in.

Guest JoeAlbuerne
You can search one way here and find most every thing you need to know. The basics are that you need to have the room you do not want to see into darker than the other room. We just did a bunch of one way glass for the Catholic Church. ( I did not ask what they were trying to hide) but it can be tough to achieve what you are asking for.

Where should I look?

Currently working on a hidden camera prank show and we are looking for a window tint or coating that would give me the ability to see clearly from the inside but the outside would have a matte finish or white finish or a color finish or any finish that is not a mirror. Have been using SRC 220 but this is a mirror effect and when people get suspicious and look for mirrors. We have used the perforated vinyl and it has worked fine but the light loss is great and the focal point for a clear shot becomes limited. The platinum series was an idea but that seems to have been discontinued. This is for a long running show and a large amount would be needed. Any thoughts or ideas?

Lets see a pic of what you have been using, is it like a mirror with a frame....?

Guest VOLTRON

im sure he means srs220 which is madico silver 20. You might be able to do some kind of logo on the side of the glass that the guy getting pranked would see that way he wasnt suspicious of a mirrored window, maybe a logo in frost or a design and then you can set the camera up looking through one of the clear areas of the glass where the frost is not.

normally its for the baby rooms, sometimes women breast feed in there. we do churches all the time and thats what ive been told at least

Archived