Security film checklist, questions.

Guest Lando

Guest Lando

Hi everyone- thinking about getting security film to my home safer. Unfortunately we had a break-in prompting me to reinforce the glass better if possible. I have a few questions.

1. Can anyone give me advice on mil thickness for a standard tempered sliding glass door that would be effective?

2. Is there a brand that I should be looking at?

3. Any specific installation methods that I need to make sure the installer uses?

4. Finally, any reputable installers in the Orlando, central Florida area?

Thanks in advance!

Guest VOLTRON

1- I would suggest 8mil minimum for thickness

2- There are alot of good security films out there, Hanita comes to mind.

3- I would suggest getting an attachment system, which attaches the glass to the frame of the window for added security. If no attachment the glass can possibly be pushed out of the frame after it has broken. There are many differnt attachments such as wetglaze, pentagon, and a few others. I would consider pentagon for residential. Wetglaze can get messy and isnt very asteticly pleasing.

Guest higgledy

I too am having a guy coming out to the house this afternoon to give me a quote on installing 3M security film. Any thoughts on 3M Security Film?

Also, what questions can I ask the guy to figure-out if he would do a quality job? His company has been in business for years, they have a decent local rep. for auto tinting. All that is good, but I don't know anything about their residential tinting branch of the company. Thanks for any tips given.

I too am having a guy coming out to the house this afternoon to give me a quote on installing 3M security film. Any thoughts on 3M Security Film?

Also, what questions can I ask the guy to figure-out if he would do a quality job? His company has been in business for years, they have a decent local rep. for auto tinting. All that is good, but I don't know anything about their residential tinting branch of the company. Thanks for any tips given.

Simply ask for a reference or 2 from a local previous customer.

Archived