Cutting Rubber on quarter windows

dgmt321

I am just curious if any professional tinter received any complaints about cutting the rubber to install quarter windows. When I am tinting at home sometime I can't avoid the customer from seeing me cutting it. Luckily all my customers i have dealt with don't notice it. But I'm thinking THERE has to be a few bitchy customers out there somewhere that will not accept this. So how do you deal with those customers? and would it be costly to replace the rubber for them if they demanded it.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really you don't have to cut anymore just look at the tip on removing them and it works good and once you get the hang of it doesn't add that much time. To answer your question never any complaints with trimming here but I could see were someone would bitch about it.

honestly you arent cutting much, just enough to hide your edge or at least thats how i do it.

I know you aren't cutting much, but what would you do if a customer is watching you cut it. Even if its a little its still cutting on their car.

Really you don't have to cut anymore just look at the tip on removing them and it works good and once you get the hang of it doesn't add that much time. To answer your question never any complaints with trimming here but I could see were someone would bitch about it.

"H" NO, I have a hard time getting to my phone and email price quote request.. I don't have time to take out a window... NO WAY!!!

"H" NO, I have a hard time getting to my phone and email price quote request.. I don't have time to take out a window... NO WAY!!!

I'm telling you it doesn't take that long at all. Granted i think it looks ok trimming it but if you have a custy sitting there watching you and you think they are going to be a pita about it why not take the extra time and take it out?

I'm telling you it doesn't take that long at all. Granted i think it looks ok trimming it but if you have a custy sitting there watching you and you think they are going to be a pita about it why not take the extra time and take it out?

There is only a handful of models out there where you may be better off pulling..

Archived