Contamination problems

Ok so this has been bothering me like hell and I just don't know the problem is. My installs could be very inconsistent from time to time, sometime i get clean installs, sometimes I get these Dust spec located above the bottom seal. Seems like this is the ONLY place im getting contamination, nowhere else.

What I do is once i rolled the window up to tint the bottom half, I razor the window then squeegee it all the way across. Then I spray the hell out of the window flushing everything down, then proceed to tuck in the film. After I blue max everything, i find these little dots of contamination on the bottom , above the seal. Its not really noticeable unless you put your eyes close next to it. Customers don't seem to notice it either but its bugging the hell out of me. I want my installs to be consistently clean instead of hit or miss.

I made a picture to show you what i am talking about. Dust spec are in red.

contamination.jpg

What do I need to do in order to prevent this from happening?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pull the seal or the panels th only way to consistently get the clean at the bottom. If you tuck and a finger pops up it will suck up trash from the seal. I used to tuck everything but now I take th seals off and or panels. I'm a tually faster since I install the whole piece at once.

Guest shadeking
Pull the seal or the panels th only way to consistently get the clean at the bottom. If you tuck and a finger pops up it will suck up trash from the seal. I used to tuck everything but now I take th seals off and or panels. I'm a tually faster since I install the whole piece at once.

Either pull the panel or preshrink the film.

Either pull the panel or preshrink the film.

The film is always preshrunk before i apply

Do you clean the entire glass first? What i do is, Roll the window down. Clean the Seals, then i clean the Bottom seal the one that's attached to the door panel. These seals have like a channel on them, sometimes they are full of dust and stuff. Once i clean all the seals, i roll the window up and stray it with glass cleaner, wait few seconds then razor the glass. Squeegee the glass, spray with water squeegee glass again. Then i wrap a paper town on my contour and run it along side the seal and the glass. Then once again i spray the entire glass and squeegee it again. Roll the window up and finish the bottom half.

Then i go preshrink film cut and stuff, and before i apply the film i squeegee the glass again.

Focus on cleaning your bottom seal really good, and like i said. The best way for me is to clean it with the window down. Hope that help's out.

If you have fingers popping up they will suck trash in them. Are you pulling the seals or door panel?

it possible to get a clean job without Pulling

Yeah i do it everyday..i pulled a panel last week,first time in years..while it definately makes it easier to install with the panel off its not something that has to be done to get a clean install..just make sure your film is shrunk really tight before install and you can use a gasket wizard to make it easier..most the time i just use an ez reach now or ill will tuck the seal if it pops back up easily.

Archived