Contamination problems

Guest scottydosnntkno

I went back and forth for years over pulling or not pulling panels. I could consistently get clean windows 90% of the time by tucking, but its that 10% that'll getcha and jack up your film costs.

Since i started pulling panels on everything about a year ago, quality and speed have both gone up. Granted, I added ComputerCut, so that helps :dunno but I can consistently get any 4 door done in about an hour working alone now, from pull in to pull out.

Most of the time I don't pull the actual panel, just a couple screws and the gasket will come out. It can take some finesse to get the panel back over the channel in the gasket if it has one, but you get used to it. Id say in total it takes less than 10 minutes to pull and put back on the gaskets in any car, and i find i've saved a lot more than 10 mins in touchup time. You no longer have to heat out little creases where you tucked the film on the side, and definitely don't have anything getting sucked in from the bottom.

Overall its just a hell of a lot easier to tint without the bottom gasket in the way.

After hand cutting for 8 years, I see why people say using precut film makes you a tint monkey, its just so much easier, especially without the bottom gasket

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, longer at the bottom causes more problem then good. It's more film below the gasket to pull up more crap. I know a few people who have better success in keeping it clean when using the red devil to pull the gasket back to tuck.

Do you guys normally wipe the bottom seal with microfiber before tucking. I was thinking this could be my problem im not so sure tho. But i seen some tinters get clean installs and they didmt wipe the seals so im really confused. What do you guys think?

Guest scottydosnntkno
Do you guys normally wipe the bottom seal with microfiber before tucking. I was thinking this could be my problem im not so sure tho. But i seen some tinters get clean installs and they didmt wipe the seals so im really confused. What do you guys think?

On the rare windows i still tuck, and all the ones i did before I would wipe the bottom and sides.

I would sprayaway and scrape like normal, spray three sprays of water on the window, squeegee the water to one side starting at the top, then wrap a clean(one towel per window) microfiber around a platinum ezreach and go down one side, switch to a clean spot, down the other side, switch to a clean spot, and then swipe it across the bottom. Spray the window with three more sprays, and repeat the above process. Then install the film.

So each side/bottom gets wiped twice with a microfiber. You'd be amazed at some relatively new cars when you do that the towel comes out BLACK with crap on it. Doing two cleans of each one has rarely given me any contamination issues.

i find that on some older cars that have either dirty gaskets or felt gaskets at the bottom need a extra cleaning before tucking. just before u are going to pull the bottom part of the clear off lift it up and squeegee the bottom part of the glass again. pray and remove the liner and tuck ur good to go.

does no one use gasket wizzards? for those who dont pull panels.

I use mine every day, on almost every car! :thumb

Archived