Contamination problems

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always get dust in the sides :/ on bmw and audi because you have to tuck the film in to the sides.

I pull the liner of but the part I tuck in have no liner. then its easy to get dust and crees the film:/

I have always pull the panels of.. but now I will save some time.

tips? I think I have seen every tips on youtube.

to get rid of dust tape off the edges. cover up those fuzzies. I love that most cars use all rubber now but some manu. still insist on the fuzz. dodge still has it. I think the new BMWs are all rubber.

the crease your worried about will disapear with a good film. or try heating up the glass from outside. be sure heat gun doesnt melt the gasket. but heat it up about 1" from edge and heat will disipate to the window edge. then press film down from inside.

Feed the film in the sides by pulling the bottom of the film towards the center of the glass as you are tucking the sides. Sounds more complicated than it is, it's just about reducing the amount of tension on the film while you get it in there. Then rolling the bottoms to the center again as you roll up the window will ensure that the side gasket doesn't catch that wild edge you haven't tucked and crease it.

:hmmm Hope that made sense....

^this.

that would be the best way I can explain it. haha.

but yeah have it curl in. not out.

Feed the film in the sides by pulling the bottom of the film towards the center of the glass as you are tucking the sides. Sounds more complicated than it is, it's just about reducing the amount of tension on the film while you get it in there. Then rolling the bottoms to the center again as you roll up the window will ensure that the side gasket doesn't catch that wild edge you haven't tucked and crease it.

:hmmm Hope that made sense....

to get rid of dust tape off the edges. cover up those fuzzies. I love that most cars use all rubber now but some manu. still insist on the fuzz. dodge still has it. I think the new BMWs are all rubber.

the crease your worried about will disapear with a good film. or try heating up the glass from outside. be sure heat gun doesnt melt the gasket. but heat it up about 1" from edge and heat will disipate to the window edge. then press film down from inside.

creases will never "disappear"....they may be hard to see, but they will be there still.

Ok so this has been bothering me like hell and I just don't know the problem is. My installs could be very inconsistent from time to time, sometime I get clean installs, sometimes I get these Dust spec located above the bottom seal. Seems like this is the ONLY place im getting contamination, nowhere else.

What I do is once I rolled the window up to tint the bottom half, I razor the window then squeegee it all the way across. Then I spray the hell out of the window flushing everything down, then proceed to tuck in the film. After I blue max everything, I find these little dots of contamination on the bottom , above the seal. Its not really noticeable unless you put your eyes close next to it. Customers don't seem to notice it either but its bugging the hell out of me. I want my installs to be consistently clean instead of hit or miss.

I made a picture to show you what I am talking about. Dust spec are in red.

contamination.jpg

What do I need to do in order to prevent this from happening?

Hey there,

If it is an issue, just pull back the trims and feed the film in the bottom first. When you get used to the different trims and the little secrets, it is actually faster to pull back trims in the end, or just take them off altogether. You can avoid spears coming back up also.

:thumb

Archived