2011 Jaguar XF

Guest perfectdark

Guest perfectdark

I know the back window of the new Jaguar XF might be a bit tricky only because the centre brake light in the rear tray bulges out close enough to touch the glass. has anyone ever removed that rear tray? if so please let me know how youve done that, I'd hate to have to cut the brake light out of the window film.

Thanks!

Guest maddtinter
I know the back window of the new Jaguar XF might be a bit tricky only because the centre brake light in the rear tray bulges out close enough to touch the glass. has anyone ever removed that rear tray? if so please let me know how youve done that, I'd hate to have to cut the brake light out of the window film.

Thanks!

Pretty simple.Fold down seats..remove top portion of side cushion(little slide clips)...remove c-pillar covers....remove visible push clips...slide deck out..of course unplug brake light.

No need to remove or cut out the brake light on this car. The only car I have yet come by that is impossible to tint over the brake light it the XJF. There is enough room to squeeze a bulldozer behind the XJ. On the XJF just cut the brake light so there are no light gaps looking out then carefully use the bulldozer to get the water out

Starting in 2012 the folding rear seat is an option. :trustme And the one I had, my dozer would get past the brake light but would hit hard plastic at the bottom before it could get to the bottom of the glass. See my post topic "2012 and up XF folding rear seat" for more info if you have one of these coming.

It wasnt too difficult to remove the shelf - after creasing our first two attempts with the bulldozer I found it easier to just remove the shelf.  Took about 20 mins.  I think if we'd have perceived wed have done it without removing it but may have took us longer.  Was really simple with the shelf removed.

Archived