Scratched glass

Guest 04yfz

I did consider the rubbing, however wouldn't the glass be scratched from top to bottom if that were the case? The glass is perfect if I peel back the bottom seal from the outside which covers the lowest part of the window.

The glass is not flat, it is concave. That means during a certain point the seal will apply more pressure than another point. Just look at any Ford F-250 that is a few years old and consider yourself lucky. :spit

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if a number of professional tinters that tint thousands of cars a year say it's not from cutting the tint, you should take it for what it's worth. Golden advise. Hell, there is even light scratching to the left of the deep ones, there is something in the door wearing on your glass.

lmao! small world.i tinted the car.i was going to ask for you to send me picks.im glad to see this,and i appriciate you guys explaing for me.its DEFFINETLY caused from something in the outer moulding,and as i explained,my blade rides on the edge of the window not ON the window,my blade never touches the body of the glass.like i said you can come back anytime and i will further explain.

i noticed it right away ,but didnt say anything because i thought you saw it,it was so obvious.also ,its a very common thing on those cars...

Guest 04yfz

Thank you everyone for their opinions, and for clarifying how this may have been caused. I will pull the door panel and see if I can find something to prevent this from getting worse. It's funny because I didn't think it'd be possible for a knife to cause scratches in glass until I googled finding a way to fix scratched glass and one or two threads from here popped up. :drive

lmao! small world.i tinted the car.i was going to ask for you to send me picks.im glad to see this,and i appriciate you guys explaing for me.its DEFFINETLY caused from something in the outer moulding,and as i explained,my blade rides on the edge of the window not ON the window,my blade never touches the body of the glass.like i said you can come back anytime and i will further explain.

i noticed it right away ,but didnt say anything because i thought you saw it,it was so obvious.also ,its a very common thing on those cars...

Hope you didn't take this the wrong way Jack as I was happy overall besides the issue I mentioned to you, and I have already recommended you to others. I simply posted this because I wanted to make sure as I couldnt believe that I missed something like this when I was working on that area prior to the tint, but it was my mistake.

Archived