Scratched glass

Guest 04yfz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just so hard to tell in pictures. None the less wtfh is right that's something that should be addressed with the shop and more than likely they will tell you to bring it in so they can see it.

yeah....arggg.....this really sucks.  thanks man. i appreciate it.

I've been battling scratches that "weren't there" alot these past couple months. At least two people per week have been trying to blame me for pre existing scratches or scuffs on their windows. Now before I even start cutting film. I go over the whole car and take pictures of any marks on glass. This one guy last week, I had to raise my voice a bit. It was a 2012 Subaru legacy. I don't know what it is about Subaru's but their glass is shitty. Anyways he had quite a few scuff marks around his third brake light on the outside. They were erratic and random lengths, it appear that somebody used a paint scraper or something to remove ice possibly. anyways, I explained to the guy I couldn't make marks like that if I tried. Not to mention what could I possibly be doing to your car to even make marks like that. After about twenty minutes of arguing, I told him to hit the road. My last statement was, do you really think that somebody who did that to a rear window could possibly achieve a tint job this "perfect"?

i had a camry come in to retint the 2 front doors the old tint had gone almost clear, it had probably 50 vertical scratches from dirt or sand in the rubbers the owner tried to say i scratched the glass, i told them i didn't do it explained what did do it but they wouldn't have it, they left very angry but i never heard another thing

We take photos prior to starting on the vehicle if we notice any damage to the glass or vehicle...just in case.  One guy tried to question a scratch on his paint until we showed him all the photos we took of his car including the "new" scratch he was talking about...oh, my bad.

Archived