The edge tool vs devil tool

I am looking for something that will help me tuck film easier without getting any contamination sucking up from below the seal. Can someone give an opinion on these tools on how well it worked for them and if its worth buying. Also if you know any other tools that would help me reduce seal contamination, please share. Thanks

I am looking for something that will help me tuck film easier without getting any contamination sucking up from below the seal. Can someone give an opinion on these tools on how well it worked for them and if its worth buying. Also if you know any other tools that would help me reduce seal contamination, please share. Thanks

Gasket Wizard set :twocents Cut your patterns where you are just at the gasket and don't have to put much film under it and you can get away without using anything. A tight fit is just right :bmw

Gasket Wizard set :twocents Cut your patterns where you are just at the gasket and don't have to put much film under it and you can get away without using anything. A tight fit is just right :bmw

Getting the film below the seal is not a problem for me cuz i always make my cut exact fit like you said. But the problem is dirt from under the seal always seem to find its way up onto film. I feel like if i have a tool that can pull the seal back so the film and the seal are not rubbing each other that my install would be cleaner. I might be wrong but What do you think?

Guest fredstinting

Gasket Wizard set :twocents Cut your patterns where you are just at the gasket and don't have to put much film under it and you can get away without using anything. A tight fit is just right :beer

Getting the film below the seal is not a problem for me cuz i always make my cut exact fit like you said. But the problem is dirt from under the seal always seem to find its way up onto film. I feel like if i have a tool that can pull the seal back so the film and the seal are not rubbing each other that my install would be cleaner. I might be wrong but What do you think?

try tucking the rubber seal at the bottom of the window ... i always do this never get any dirt in my film. you dont need any fancy tools just a 1.00 push stick. once you tuck the rubber seal you can flush out the area with alot of soap solution...

We sell both and they both would work for what you want to do. The Edge is a bit thicker and sturdier than the Red Devil tool allowing it to actually pull back on the seal. The Red Devil tool is thin and allows you to easily slide the tool between the glass and seal and tuck the film below the seal as you move the tool across the window. Some people use a hook tool to accomplish this also. I hope that makes sense.

You can also use a push stick as Fred mentioned to push the seal down. Then after a full cycling of the window once the film has dried the seal should pop back into it's original position. I say should as some of the newer cars with tighter seals have a habit of being so tight that the seal cannot pop back into it's original position. In that case, you would have to use a hook tool to pull the seal back into it's original location after the film dries.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Archived