Consumer Needs Your Help!

Guest akgrady

There are many reputable film brands out there to choose from. I distribute Hanita films so I am a bit partial to our films however the films you have mentioned are also good films. Huper is a good looking film and performs well although for west facing windows I would not recommend thier ceramic line as it absorbs alot of heat and for dual pane windows (which im sure you have) absorbtion is not a great thing. Also with these windows being west facing they are going to get hammered by the sun. I would recommend a dual reflective film in the 30-20% range. You should see any where from 60-70% total solar energy reduction in these shades of film. (VLT Visible Light Transmission) is what we call it in the industry and it is the amount of light that comes through the film.

Solar films will not impact your view at all, infact they will most likely improve it because im sure right now your shades or blinds are closed due to the amount of heat and glare coming through the windows. With film on the glass you can open your window treatments and enjoy your view of the backyard while letting in natural light. It will not impact the other windows and will not be noticeable that those windows are tinted and the others are not because the windows are not next to each other to compare them to.

Thank you for the helpful information Tim. Yes, our windows are dual pane with west facing sun. When you say dual reflective...is this going to result in a 'mirrored look' at night when viewed from inside? I've heard some speak of a heavy mirrored effect.

I guess we want our cake and eat it too. I would say our goals are equally split between heat reduction, glare reduction, and fade reduction while still looking as 'natural' as possible. Sounds like your suggestions above provide just that.

Thanks again!

Email me your contact info to wndotinter@yahoo.com and my brother said he would give you an estimate this week. Im 2-3 hrs away but don't mind helping..

Guest VOLTRON
There are many reputable film brands out there to choose from. I distribute Hanita films so I am a bit partial to our films however the films you have mentioned are also good films. Huper is a good looking film and performs well although for west facing windows I would not recommend thier ceramic line as it absorbs alot of heat and for dual pane windows (which im sure you have) absorbtion is not a great thing. Also with these windows being west facing they are going to get hammered by the sun. I would recommend a dual reflective film in the 30-20% range. You should see any where from 60-70% total solar energy reduction in these shades of film. (VLT Visible Light Transmission) is what we call it in the industry and it is the amount of light that comes through the film.

Solar films will not impact your view at all, infact they will most likely improve it because im sure right now your shades or blinds are closed due to the amount of heat and glare coming through the windows. With film on the glass you can open your window treatments and enjoy your view of the backyard while letting in natural light. It will not impact the other windows and will not be noticeable that those windows are tinted and the others are not because the windows are not next to each other to compare them to.

Thank you for the helpful information Tim. Yes, our windows are dual pane with west facing sun. When you say dual reflective...is this going to result in a 'mirrored look' at night when viewed from inside? I've heard some speak of a heavy mirrored effect.

I guess we want our cake and eat it too. I would say our goals are equally split between heat reduction, glare reduction, and fade reduction while still looking as 'natural' as possible. Sounds like your suggestions above provide just that.

Thanks again!

A Dual Reflective film will give you less interior backshine then a standard dual pane safe film as the interior of the film has more of a smoked sheen to cut down on interior reflectance. For example a silver 35% film while very effective in performance looks the same from both sides so it will add a mirror effect to the interior at night. Dual Reflectives were designed to mitigate these effects and have less interior backshine. Like it was said before applying any film will add some interior reflectance but with dual reflective films it will be far less then typical silver or bronze films which have the same reflectance both exterior and interior.

Archived