Would You Accept This?

The install is kind of complicated. Graphics installation in a line pattern and then a film band on top. But I can't believe the work done by the last guy, and that their work was accepted (picture of their work is below - look how the film band doesn't align from one glass panel to the next - this is typical of what we saw). Little tough to tell from the small pic - but anyone who is not blind would see the misalignment looking at the glass. Is it just me being hard assed - or do others also think this should not fly?

Chime in if you think this is OK, or not OK.

post-886-1312935340.jpg

Misalignment isn't acceptable IMO ...but aa better question would be, who came up with that design :dunno

Not me!

Kind of their corporate look. In a lot of the older glass they have it etched in, but now are doing it with graphics. Apparently alot cheaper, which means I underbid it.

The install is kind of complicated. Graphics installation in a line pattern and then a film band on top. But I can't believe the work done by the last guy, and that their work was accepted (picture of their work is below - look how the film band doesn't align from one glass panel to the next - this is typical of what we saw). Little tough to tell from the small pic - but anyone who is not blind would see the misalignment looking at the glass. Is it just me being hard assed - or do others also think this should not fly?

Chime in if you think this is OK, or not OK.

That is VERY bad, I have seen work done by my biggest competition, they where even in an article, that window film magazine did on window graphics bragging about there work......... :zzz ........ :lol

I have been collecting pics of there shiat work i see all over town...... :)

I do a few frosted jobs a year..... :spit

Misalignment isn't acceptable IMO ...but a better question would be, who came up with that design :blink:

Not me!

Kind of their corporate look. In a lot of the older glass they have it etched in, but now are doing it with graphics. Apparently alot cheaper, which means I underbid it.

Maybe that's why it looks so 1970's :lol

Guest VOLTRON

It should be unacceptable by the company that did the work not just by the consumer. I would not leave a job with the film looking like that, a little off that is barely noticable maybe but that is WAY off.

I wish I had fresh batteries in my camera with me last week. I saw a job that looked like they used a branch off a tree for a level and an axe to cut the film on a job that was just basic hand cut rectangles. It actually pissed me off that someone felt that was an acceptable install.

I don't know which is sadder, the hack installer or Helen Keller's descendant who signed off that this was acceptable to them.

Archived