Bekaert Sells Solar Gard to Saint Gobain

Guest ZergRush

It could also be a double edge sword, it could eliminate retrofit applications on products produced by them

Considering Saint-Gobain's market share in the glass business coupled with the sheer amount of existing glass without window film, I think we will all be retied before this even is a slight concern.

Guest Darknesswithin
:bat:blink:

I predicted it.

Now Bekeart doesn't have to make good on all those warranty claims that'll be rolling in over the next few years.

haha like Sungard and a few others :DD

when the crap hits the fan just sell sell sell sell and we are out of the loop :blink:

This is extremely interesting for their window film group. Solar Gard has been a puzzling under-achiever; yet they are still a major player with huge capabilities in desperate need for focus, direction and leadership. The potential is limitless.

Doesn't Bekaert make 3M flat glass film? :thumb

This is extremely interesting for their window film group. Solar Gard has been a puzzling under-achiever; yet they are still a major player with huge capabilities in desperate need for focus, direction and leadership. The potential is limitless.

Doesn't Bekaert make 3M flat glass film? :thumb

Yes. Solarguard Manufacturers 3m tint.

Doesn't Bekaert make 3M flat glass film? :dunno

Yes. Solarguard Manufacturers 3m tint.

Really, perhaps you would like to name what films you think are made by Solarguard, for 3M ....... ?

I lack the knowledge to opine on whether or not this is a good, bad or otherwise event for our industry, however:

I get a real kick out of their reasoning, stated as follows:

"While the business continued to grow successfully, technological synergies within Bekaert have proven to be limited over time"

Translated in to English:

"We were losing so much money that the board of directors and the shareholders could no longer bear it".

I wish them and all within their organization well.

Tis better to distribute.

-Howard

Archived