Help needed

Guest raven

I called local place here and said I wanted Pinnacle Limo tint, they say no problem, we will order it we dont stock as no one ask for it. I said perfect - I want Limo on the front two, and a layer of Pinnacle 15 on the rest so that they all become limo. No problem they say. I did not hear back (as they did not take my number - no biggie) so I called back to schedule and then they tell me - we cant get the tint. I said - what do you mean? They said - well, we can, but we are not going to. We have to buy a hole roll just to do your truck and we never sell it we do 99.9% 15% film so to us it is not worth having to buy an entire roll just for you. I was dumb founded and said listen - you guys are the ONLY ones around that sell Pinnacle - it is the most expensive tint, I am willing buy the best tint, you say it is available, show it on your wall of available and now you wont get it? They said, sorry we just cant do it. If you would like to come in and look at a truck with 15% on it we think you will like it it matches the factory tint and is pretty dark and you will still be able to see at night. I said I am familiar with tints - 15% is not dark enough for me. After discussing and looking at other trucks (my CEO has his truck with pinnacle 15%) I made an appointment and went in. I always saw the other trucks when it was cloudy so it looked darker than what it was - which seemed okay to me (me being stupid and not related cloudy to brightness and the affect it has on tint) they did front windows it was a very bright day and I picked up and hated it as soon as I saw it. So I am looking at this morning and hate it just as much if not more.

I called the shop and told them that I hated it, asked what it would cost to tint over the whole truck again with 15 over everything - they said no problem, gave me a really fair price (basically the difference). I said ok lets do it. I called later to get it scheduled and I noticed that one of the windows which I have yet to roll down still had bubbles under it, I took it back up there and had them look and they said they had to peel it off and do it again.

So I asked at that point - can you please get the Limo (5%) Pinnacle in and use that on the fronts and then do the rest of the truck with 15 please. After discussing it for a bit - they agreed to take off both front windows and get the 5% that I had wanted originally and get it done for the same price they told. Classy shop and I would recommend them to everyone.

I just got the truck back - literally just sat down from picking it up. I really really need advice now -

The truck is indeed dark - very much so and looks ok in that regards. However I paid for Pinnacle Llumar film - top of the line more expensive than others. When I got the truck back the first time I could tell a huge difference in heat reduction inside the cab. Forward to today - they were to peel off what was there, then put one layer of 5% on the fronts, and one layer of 15% over the factory privacy glass to so that it then matched the font 5% - this looks like a match good job. However - the tint is not nearly as clear as the original Pinnacle that I got, nor can I tell heat reduction in fact it is the same as my BMW that has no tint on it (which is how the RAM was before). Also when I picked it up the first time the tint was not all wavy and had very very little bubbles, forward to today - everything is wavy and full of bubbles. I feel they did one of a couple things or several -

1. Stripped off what was there, put the cheap film back on so that they did not have to order the 5% Pinnacle

2. Went over top of what was there with the cheap stuff -

I will be able to tell in 5 days when I can roll the windows down if it was gone over, however I have no way to tell for sure if it is Pinnacle film or not. So I had a friend of mine cold call and asked them for a quote to tint his car, he told them they wanted Pinnacle and how much that would be. They gave him the price and he then asked what levels he had to choose from. The answer was -

The darkest color that we have in pinnacle is 15%, however in classic (the cheap stuff) they said they have 5% - so that there leads me to believe that they have tried to pull one over on me - any advice here would be very helpful. I dont want to just call and say - show me the tint you ordered....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I were you I would not waste any more of the shop owners time

Can you explain this thought to me? How am I as a consumer wasting the time of the shop owner when giving them business and having them agree to do it yet not doing what they said that they would do?

i think thats shady business and you should try to stay away.

that is also an illegal install.

but the easiest way to get what you want out of that shop is to get 15% classic with a layer of 15%comfort on top of it. doesnt seem like they are willing to order the pinnacle5 for you

Is there a way that I can meter what is on there or a way to be sure that it is indeed 5% Pinnacle? I am not 100% sure that this is what was done, it is my strong feeling, that is why I am asking the best way to approach it - I dont want to call them a liar but I also dont want to be taken advantage of. I know that the the main difference between the Pinnacle and Classic is the Solar Energy Rejection - 47% for classic versus 65% for Pinnacle - which is one reason that I went with Pinnacle. I simply just want to be sure that the I got what I wanted and what I paid for is all without accusing or making them defensive. At the same time I asked them to tint my BMW as well and also ordered a few other items so it was not like I was going to just hit the place for tint then never come back.

Can you explain this thought to me? How am I as a consumer wasting the time of the shop owner when giving them business and having them agree to do it yet not doing what they said that they would do?

You should be slightly accepting of their reluctance towards BREAKING THE LAW FOR YOU and appreciate the fact that they are risking their health, wealth, and good name by BREAKING THE LAW FOR YOU. It honestly sounds like they weren't super keen to the idea of BREAKING THE LAW FOR YOU, but in their good nature and your arm bending, they decided BREAKING THE LAW FOR YOU would be an amicable situation and probably did not realize they would be tinting you car 2-3x over.

i think thats shady business and you should try to stay away.

that is also an illegal install.

but the easiest way to get what you want out of that shop is to get 15% classic with a layer of 15%comfort on top of it. doesnt seem like they are willing to order the pinnacle5 for you

Is there a way that I can meter what is on there or a way to be sure that it is indeed 5% Pinnacle? I am not 100% sure that this is what was done, it is my strong feeling, that is why I am asking the best way to approach it - I dont want to call them a liar but I also dont want to be taken advantage of. I know that the the main difference between the Pinnacle and Classic is the Solar Energy Rejection - 47% for classic versus 65% for Pinnacle - which is one reason that I went with Pinnacle. I simply just want to be sure that the I got what I wanted and what I paid for is all without accusing or making them defensive. At the same time I asked them to tint my BMW as well and also ordered a few other items so it was not like I was going to just hit the place for tint then never come back.

Peel it off and send it to Llumar. If it's Pinnacle, pay them to re-tint it, if it's not, then you have some ground to stand on.

You should be slightly accepting of their reluctance towards BREAKING THE LAW FOR YOU and appreciate the fact that they are risking their health, wealth, and good name by BREAKING THE LAW FOR YOU. It honestly sounds like they weren't super keen to the idea of BREAKING THE LAW FOR YOU, but in their good nature and your arm bending, they decided BREAKING THE LAW FOR YOU would be an amicable situation and probably did not realize they would be tinting you car 2-3x over.

:devilangel

Good Post.... :hmmm

:waving

Good Post.... :spit

Yes that is a great reply from someone that has no freaking clue what they are talking about. I have a severe light sensitivity and a prescription from my eye doctor for the tint both of which have been signed off by the highway patrol for my state and both of which were disclosed as the reasons for wanting the darker tint. So before you go criticizing or judging me or telling me that I asking them to BREAK THE LAW and that they were being nice by BREAKING THE LAW for me maybe you should ask the facts before assuming something that it is not true. I can see that joining this forum was a great benefit for someone that has questions and is trying to do the right thing without making the shop mad. I also appreciate your sarcasm made me smile.

:waving

Good Post.... :spit

I think sometimes people forget that in their day to day dealings they are dealing with humans, not businesses. My intern is very guilty of this, but I think I am helping him see interactions for what they are, not what they appear to be.

Archived