Help needed

Guest raven

If I were you I would not waste any more of the shop owners time

Can you explain this thought to me? How am I as a consumer wasting the time of the shop owner when giving them business and having them agree to do it yet not doing what they said that they would do?

You should be slightly accepting of their reluctance towards BREAKING THE LAW FOR YOU and appreciate the fact that they are risking their health, wealth, and good name by BREAKING THE LAW FOR YOU. It honestly sounds like they weren't super keen to the idea of BREAKING THE LAW FOR YOU, but in their good nature and your arm bending, they decided BREAKING THE LAW FOR YOU would be an amicable situation and probably did not realize they would be tinting you car 2-3x over.

You should be slightly accepting of their reluctance towards BREAKING THE LAW FOR YOU and appreciate the fact that they are risking their health, wealth, and good name by BREAKING THE LAW FOR YOU. It honestly sounds like they weren't super keen to the idea of BREAKING THE LAW FOR YOU, but in their good nature and your arm bending, they decided BREAKING THE LAW FOR YOU would be an amicable situation and probably did not realize they would be tinting you car 2-3x over.

:waving

Good Post.... :spit

Yes that is a great reply from someone that has no freaking clue what they are talking about. I have a severe light sensitivity and a prescription from my eye doctor for the tint both of which have been signed off by the highway patrol for my state and both of which were disclosed as the reasons for wanting the darker tint. So before you go criticizing or judging me or telling me that I asking them to BREAK THE LAW and that they were being nice by BREAKING THE LAW for me maybe you should ask the facts before assuming something that it is not true. I can see that joining this forum was a great benefit for someone that has questions and is trying to do the right thing without making the shop mad. I also appreciate your sarcasm made me smile.

If you have problems seeing, why do you want to cut your visibility down to 3% or less? Mildly curious about the thought processes behind this.

BTW, I'm just throwing this out there, but if your eyes are sensitive to light, wouldn't sunglasses work?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I were you I would not waste any more of the shop owners time

Can you explain this thought to me? How am I as a consumer wasting the time of the shop owner when giving them business and having them agree to do it yet not doing what they said that they would do?

:waving

Good Post.... :spit

Yes that is a great reply from someone that has no freaking clue what they are talking about. I have a severe light sensitivity and a prescription from my eye doctor for the tint both of which have been signed off by the highway patrol for my state and both of which were disclosed as the reasons for wanting the darker tint. So before you go criticizing or judging me or telling me that I asking them to BREAK THE LAW and that they were being nice by BREAKING THE LAW for me maybe you should ask the facts before assuming something that it is not true. I can see that joining this forum was a great benefit for someone that has questions and is trying to do the right thing without making the shop mad. I also appreciate your sarcasm made me smile.

If you have problems seeing, why do you want to cut your visibility down to 3% or less? Mildly curious about the thought processes behind this.

BTW, I'm just throwing this out there, but if your eyes are sensitive to light, wouldn't sunglasses work?

I dont have problems seeing, I have a light sensitivity - two separate things. And you know as well as I do that putting on 5% tint does not take your visibility down to 3% or less, you still have complete visibility (during day hours) but blocks most of the ambient light. For the night time I have a backup camera or simply roll the the windows down if there is no light. In a well lit area there is no issues at night for me.

Sunglasses do work to an extent, however I would have to use "blinders" for when the light comes in from different angles as the sunglasses do not have 100% coverage of the face - there are a lot of gaps above, under and to the sides of the face where the glasses done hit, so it was suggested by the optometrist to just get the windows tinted.

so since this has been so productive so far, lets see if we can actually break the silence -

After the truck having been done again yesterday, sitting all day, and all night - there are still bubbles through the entire windows both sides up front, the back windows and back cab that had factory privacy glass look great both inside looking out and outside looking in - ZERO bubbles. How would I tell if they did not remove the old tint as they were supposed to and tinted over the top of the firs tint? The reason I ask is - if you are inside the truck looking out - there is a distinct clarity difference between the front windows and the back/back cab windows - could this be that they just tinted over the tint that was there?

Archived