Help needed

Guest raven

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so since this has been so productive so far, lets see if we can actually break the silence -

After the truck having been done again yesterday, sitting all day, and all night - there are still bubbles through the entire windows both sides up front, the back windows and back cab that had factory privacy glass look great both inside looking out and outside looking in - ZERO bubbles. How would I tell if they did not remove the old tint as they were supposed to and tinted over the top of the firs tint? The reason I ask is - if you are inside the truck looking out - there is a distinct clarity difference between the front windows and the back/back cab windows - could this be that they just tinted over the tint that was there?

Most likely the bubbles you are seeing is just the film curing and the water drying out. Give it a week before you decide it is a bad job. You can tell if it is double layered by rolling down the window and looking at the edge, you should be able to see the two separate pieces. The front doors are going to look different than the backs no matter what because of the factory tint.

i have to agree with tom on this one. you have light sensitivity....you now have very dark film. problem solved. the shop's done what they needed to to keep you happy.

I do understand what you are saying here, just asking even if it means they put the cheap tint on so that they did not have to order the other stuff that I paid for in the Pinnacle - is that okay to do?

It would not be an issue if they said - we will put Pinnacle on where ever you get 15% (over the factory glass making it 5% or close to it) and use the classic where 5% is needed - had that been stated and agreed to there is no issue. I found this board and thought that I could ask my questions and get good quality advice and feedback so that I did the right thing - instead most of it has been bashing me - stop wasting the shop owners time, they are breaking the law for you etc - none of that is true in my case. Also in my state it is completely legal to have windows as dark as you want up to the drivers - so 5% is not totally illegal - if the shop did not sell it that much and was not willing to order it it should not be an option to choose from imo. If you have a chart that gives you the differences in films ratings, UV etc and they say pick one with a example of each (which is what they have) then you choose the one you want and they say - Oh, we dont want to get that in because people that want tint that dark normally dont have the money to get the high level tint but we do carry it in the cheaper lower line film - I dont agree with that either. If you are going to offer it in the shop in your sales then you should be expected to have it available or be more than willing to order it.

I should have known that being a customer asking questions to shop owners and tinters would have had the defensive outcome though so I do understand the stances taken.

so since this has been so productive so far, lets see if we can actually break the silence -

After the truck having been done again yesterday, sitting all day, and all night - there are still bubbles through the entire windows both sides up front, the back windows and back cab that had factory privacy glass look great both inside looking out and outside looking in - ZERO bubbles. How would I tell if they did not remove the old tint as they were supposed to and tinted over the top of the firs tint? The reason I ask is - if you are inside the truck looking out - there is a distinct clarity difference between the front windows and the back/back cab windows - could this be that they just tinted over the tint that was there?

Most likely the bubbles you are seeing is just the film curing and the water drying out. Give it a week before you decide it is a bad job. You can tell if it is double layered by rolling down the window and looking at the edge, you should be able to see the two separate pieces. The front doors are going to look different than the backs no matter what because of the factory tint.

Now this was actually very helpful - thank you for taking the time to answer. Can I ask you this -

Will the clarity between the front 5% film be the same as the back 15% over the factory privacy glass? The reason I ask is the front is not a clear and it feels like the details are not as crisp when looking out of the side by side - this is what made me wonder if they did not peel the tint - again just asking a question and trying to educate myself from people that have experience with this.

as far as the option thing....my dispay shows pinnacle. but i never order it. it's there for customers to ask about but i also tell them i don't get it in because in my opinion it's a waste of time and money since the difference in heat rejection from the comfort series does not justify the difference in cost.

but i do have to say it sounds kinda fishy that they wouldn't get the pinnacle 5 in for you and then the next time you go in they say they'll do it and boom it's done. :)

as far as the option thing....my dispay shows pinnacle. but i never order it. it's there for customers to ask about but i also tell them i don't get it in because in my opinion it's a waste of time and money since the difference in heat rejection from the comfort series does not justify the difference in cost.

but i do have to say it sounds kinda fishy that they wouldn't get the pinnacle 5 in for you and then the next time you go in they say they'll do it and boom it's done. :)

Thank you again - this is helping me out and I appreciate it. So in your opinion - even if they did put the classic on there, it is not enough difference to get worked up about as the difference in the two films is not major in your opinion? Also - I posted while you were posting and asked another question about the clarity - would you mind giving me your thoughts on that?

i never mentioned classic....i said comfort. i don't install the classic either. doesn't block enough heat IMO. i have at different points had all films in stock and i've never noticed any major difference between the film's clarity though.

Archived