Help needed

Guest raven

i never mentioned classic....i said comfort. i don't install the classic either. doesn't block enough heat IMO. i have at different points had all films in stock and i've never noticed any major difference between the film's clarity though.

Your right - did not even notice you said comfort - thank you for clarifying. Would a dual layer tint have slightly lower clarity or could this be that the it is not cured yet and needs time to cure?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

personally i would think that an additional layer would make a difference in clarity....although i have 2 layers of film on my truck and haven't noticed an clarity issue that would even come close to bothering me.

personally i would think that an additional layer would make a difference in clarity....although i have 2 layers of film on my truck and haven't noticed an clarity issue that would even come close to bothering me.

I will let it cure another day and see what happens - thank you for the advice and feedback - I do appreciate it.

so since this has been so productive so far, lets see if we can actually break the silence -

After the truck having been done again yesterday, sitting all day, and all night - there are still bubbles through the entire windows both sides up front, the back windows and back cab that had factory privacy glass look great both inside looking out and outside looking in - ZERO bubbles. How would I tell if they did not remove the old tint as they were supposed to and tinted over the top of the firs tint? The reason I ask is - if you are inside the truck looking out - there is a distinct clarity difference between the front windows and the back/back cab windows - could this be that they just tinted over the tint that was there?

Most likely the bubbles you are seeing is just the film curing and the water drying out. Give it a week before you decide it is a bad job. You can tell if it is double layered by rolling down the window and looking at the edge, you should be able to see the two separate pieces. The front doors are going to look different than the backs no matter what because of the factory tint.

Now this was actually very helpful - thank you for taking the time to answer. Can I ask you this -

Will the clarity between the front 5% film be the same as the back 15% over the factory privacy glass? The reason I ask is the front is not a clear and it feels like the details are not as crisp when looking out of the side by side - this is what made me wonder if they did not peel the tint - again just asking a question and trying to educate myself from people that have experience with this.

It's hard to really say. Especially without seeing it. The 5%, regardless what brand or line is super dark. So I think clarity goes out the window a bit as it is going to be difficult to see out of regardless. the 15% over the factory might make those windows have a different appearance than the front two. What kind of truck? Dodge? That being said I think they stripped your fronts and put on some other 5%. Do the side windows all look the same darkness?

it's 90 degrees here dayamn near everyday lately and i still tell all my customers to let the film cure for a week.

and......classic would cure quicker than comfort or pinnacle.

well that is a positive note then! Maybe it is indeed Pinnacle! Windows safe to roll down Friday? The shop said yes, however I am a bit paranoid now!

Guest filmslayer
it's 90 degrees here dayamn near everyday lately and i still tell all my customers to let the film cure for a week.

that way here 7mo of the year and i tell my custys to wait a week for dry out before bothering me ...

that way here 7mo of the year and i tell my custys to wait a week for dry out before bothering me ...

10-4! So a week to cure, windows should be safe two days - got it and thank you both!

that's just how we do things. i would still say go with whatever the tint shop told you. i wouldn't want one of my customers listening to some other shop's advice on when to roll the windows down or how long it'll take to cure. they would have no idea how i tinted the windows. we all have different techniques so stick with what they told ya to do.

Archived