Help needed

Guest raven

5% customers are awful here as well...generally young and dumb...in illinois the recent law change has made prescriptions for illegal tint jobs null and void, I am glad, I don't know how many customers have come in with "prescriptions" for eye issues. A high end ceramic or metallic will block as much glare, ir, uv, tser in a 35% or 20% as a lower quality film for 5%...I have talked 98% of my customers into legal jobs the last 2 years.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5% customers are awful here as well...generally young and dumb...in illinois the recent law change has made prescriptions for illegal tint jobs null and void, I am glad, I don't know how many customers have come in with "prescriptions" for eye issues. A high end ceramic or metallic will block as much glare, ir, uv, tser in a 35% or 20% as a lower quality film for 5%...I have talked 98% of my customers into legal jobs the last 2 years.

This is interesting - what about the high end film? My retailer did not try to talk me out of it or give me facts about the tint as you just did - so it sounds like my no knowledge of the subject steered me down an incorrect path. The only reason they stated is that 99% of their customers get 15% and that is why they dont order the 5% in pinnacle - it just never sells. Had they discussed the facts I would have most likely kept the 15% if it truly is about the same - maybe I should have registered before everything and gotten educated first so that I made the right choice - I assumed darker more expensive = better protection for my eyes which is what the eye doctor wanted.

A high end ceramic or metallic will block as much glare, in a 35% or 20% as a lower quality film for 5%

i don't think i can agree with this kari. darker films are always going to block more glare than lighter films. less light transmission.

in the nr films the 5% stats are are comparible with the higher end ceramics or met lighter choices. The high end 5% will always out-perform the similar film line, but there are some choices that come close enough in the stat #s in the higher end films, which might allow the customer to keep it legal and allows the shop to perform a safe and legal tint job. we have been doing this long enough to know that most ppl that want 5% all around aren't doing it for the stats tho...it is completely cosmetic or Mike Jones is doing it ;) I probably do 1 tint job a year with the customer actually "needing" the protection a higher end 5% offers. And honestly with the drawbacks of the 5%, the 20% comes damn close in the stats imo.

A high end ceramic or metallic will block as much glare, in a 35% or 20% as a lower quality film for 5%

i don't think i can agree with this kari. darker films are always going to block more glare than lighter films. less light transmission.

I agree with that blade, but the higher end films do offer a safer solution imo with only a slight difference in stats. We hate to install 5%, no one thinks about driving with it at night or in bad weather...it is just not a safe option imo

I agree with that blade, but the higher end films do offer a safer solution imo with only a slight difference in stats. We hate to install 5%, no one thinks about driving with it at night or in bad weather...it is just not a safe option imo

:thumb

Ok guys, ESP those that were calling me liar and saying they didn't believe on what I was saying -

I rolled the windows down today (4 days after job to insure I waited long enough) and there is indeed two layers of film you can clearly see it. I am out of town all this week so it will have to wait until I get back, however I will be going to the shop and asking them to refund all of my money and strip the film off - of it then finding a new shop. Looks like I was accurate at my thought as to what happened or they may have put another layer of 15% Pinnacle over the existing Layer that they were supposed to strip off. Either way I don't trust them with my truck - don't even really want them to strip it as I don't trust them.

If I were you I would not waste any more of the shop owners time

Can you explain this thought to me? How am I as a consumer wasting the time of the shop owner when giving them business and having them agree to do it yet not doing what they said that they would do?

You should be slightly accepting of their reluctance towards BREAKING THE LAW FOR YOU and appreciate the fact that they are risking their health, wealth, and good name by BREAKING THE LAW FOR YOU. It honestly sounds like they weren't super keen to the idea of BREAKING THE LAW FOR YOU, but in their good nature and your arm bending, they decided BREAKING THE LAW FOR YOU would be an amicable situation and probably did not realize they would be tinting you car 2-3x over.

well said

Archived