are cheap tints affecting u?

Guest timter

Guest timter

hi, ive been doing a bit of online research and came across this forum.

I own my own window tinting business on the Central Coast NSW and I cant believe all the little cheap tint shops that are popping up around me. They are selling suntek film for xxxx for cars and 4WDs - is anyone out there affected by prices like this? I think these shops are like prostitutes - they are ruining the industry - I dont know how they do it cos once I pay wages, rent, film bill etc I cant see much profit left in doing it so cheap.

Ive spoken to a few mates in the industry who are in the same boat and have no choice but to try and drop their prices too to match it or theyll go out of business. But really to tint a car so cheap I may as well walk away.

Is this happening anywhere else or am I just unlucky?

Guest VOLTRON

I own my own window tinting business on the Central Coast NSW and I cant believe all the little cheap tint shops that are popping up around me. They are selling suntek film for xxxx for cars and 4WDs - is anyone out there affected by prices like this? I think these shops are like prostitutes - they are ruining the industry - I dont know how they do it cos once I pay wages, rent, film bill etc I cant see much profit left in doing it so cheap.

Ive spoken to a few mates in the industry who are in the same boat and have no choice but to try and drop their prices too to match it or theyll go out of business. But really to tint a car so cheap I may as well walk away.

Happens all the time in the industry, if I were you I would raise my prices. They will just get the cheap customers that you dont want to deal with. As long as you do a very high quality job and do good work then it shouldnt effect you. Its when they are very good tinters and are charging a little amount and using a good quality film that makes it hard to compete.

Guest VOLTRON

Happens all the time in the industry, if I were you I would raise my prices. They will just get the cheap customers that you dont want to deal with. As long as you do a very high quality job and do good work then it shouldnt effect you. Its when they are very good tinters and are charging a little amount and using a good quality film that makes it hard to compete.

As you are not in the big smoke and to some degree a smaller tint backwater (not meaning bad of you where you live) but it's the semi country backyard mentality that rules.

These guys will not be around in the near future and it's sad to see the industry bastardised but the game has always attracted the hacker.

Why? Because there is no buy in and any dude can start up a biz with a roll under his arm and a squeegee in the other.

You should not let these guys detirmine you worth but instead stick to your guns and sell it at what you want it for.

Devil

Guest CZtint

Ido agree

hold your prices or even raise a bit, they will be doing twice more cars then you but with same profit, that is spot you win, you will have time to focus on close to perfect jobs for same money as them, but they must work twice harder, do 99% quality and they will die out in a while.

happens to me all the time here, I sell for about 130 eur approx, and dues around doing it for even 40-50eur, but I still have my customers, with mentality that who doesnt wanna pay good price is %&$# customer anyway which I dont need. just be strong

i find in my area most customers want to pay a reasonable amount for tint as you get what you pay for, i charge more than most other 1 man operations but cheaper than say solartint.

most customers that go for the cheapest price are only going to be trouble anyway, "i can see small bubbles so i want a refund" or "theres dirt in 1 window i want thew whole car redone in a darker film"

hang in there and use your expirience and quality or work / product to sell yourself over the competition !

pm me how much these cheapasses are charging, also might be able to send you some work from time to time on the central coast as i know people everywhere lol

What I usually tell people is what sort of warranty are you getting? What happens if you have an issue with the film in 4-5 yrs and these guys are not around anymore? I also tell them you pay for what you get, if you pay for a cheap tint job you usually get a cheap film that wont perform good in terms of heat reduction and how durable the film will be over time. You will never get every single one as theres always going to be people how there that just want cheap but I find once i explain these things to customers most of the time they will book it in with me even tho I am more expensive.

Archived