How about an app?

I get calls or questions through the day needing quotes and I can't remember every single sub model of the new cars, so how about an app? I am happy about accessing the web when I can but when I am out of cell service I would like to be able to bring up something to show what kits are available and what size film is needed? Is there anything in the works and if not, why?

Guest Invisibra.net
I get calls or questions through the day needing quotes and I can't remember every single sub model of the new cars, so how about an app? I am happy about accessing the web when I can but when I am out of cell service I would like to be able to bring up something to show what kits are available and what size film is needed? Is there anything in the works and if not, why?

Excellent suggestion!

Pull up a picture of a kit on the phone, & show the customer the different levels available for his car. It would be nice if there was a 'baseline' suggested retail price installed, but allow the installer to add an adjustable 'multiplyer' so that the installed price can be adjusted according to the local market. That price should show up under the pattern picture.

Probably would be best if the installers cost of the pattern is hidden unless he accesses a password protected 2nd page or something...

Excellent suggestion!

Pull up a picture of a kit on the phone, & show the customer the different levels available for his car. It would be nice if there was a 'baseline' suggested retail price installed, but allow the installer to add an adjustable 'multiplyer' so that the installed price can be adjusted according to the local market. That price should show up under the pattern picture.

Probably would be best if the installers cost of the pattern is hidden unless he accesses a password protected 2nd page or something...

EXACTLY!! :krazy:lol

We have tossed the app idea around, but the truth of the matter is our time and resources are just tied up on other things. You will see a lot of changes in XPEL and how we support our customers (for the better) over the coming months.

I know that some of our installers use the ipad app that allows them to remotely access their desktop and do exactly what you are talking about with the DAP. The DAP allows you to show baseline price, no price, or an adjusted price of your choosing (that can include labor rates if you wish).

We have tossed the app idea around, but the truth of the matter is our time and resources are just tied up on other things. You will see a lot of changes in XPEL and how we support our customers (for the better) over the coming months.

I know that some of our installers use the ipad app that allows them to remotely access their desktop and do exactly what you are talking about with the DAP. The DAP allows you to show baseline price, no price, or an adjusted price of your choosing (that can include labor rates if you wish).

If there is NO service or WiFi how are they getting the remote desktop to work? Back to making an app, I don't give a damn who puts it out I am just saying it would be nice. I can ballpark a close price if I can get the width of film needed for certain jobs. I just figured that Xpel was good at setting the bar high and I would have thought this would be a easy money maker for them. I do hope I can benefit from these "changes" that you are making!

If there is NO service or WiFi how are they getting the remote desktop to work? Back to making an app, I don't give a damn who puts it out I am just saying it would be nice. I can ballpark a close price if I can get the width of film needed for certain jobs. I just figured that Xpel was good at setting the bar high and I would have thought this would be a easy money maker for them. I do hope I can benefit from these "changes" that you are making!

I guess I have never seen a need for this as my prices are based by coverage packages. Full hoods, full fenders, partails, bumpers... all of them have a set price. So I can price it very quickly off the top of my head without having to look patterns up. Some cars I make a little more and some I make a little less. But I have a pricing system that has worked for me.

As far as setting the bar higher, how does making this app help Xpel set the bar higher??? We are talking about a few installers that want an app versus the cost of building one (it wouldnt be cheap). The other issue would be the size of the app. It would be pretty parge to incorporate the database in it. I just dont see a large enoguh demand for it... and sure dont see a return on investment for Xpel.

Archived