Poll: What software would you THE INSTALLER like best for paint protec

Guest Invisibra.net

Pricing options for paint protection patterns  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following do you as an installer think would be most usefull?

• $300 a month minimum if you use the software or not, with cheaper per-pattern cost. (Approximately 15 patterns a month required to meet minimum.)
    • NO montly minimum, but you will pay more per pattern to cut.
    • CHOICE between 1 & 2. You can use the NO MINIMUM option untill you are selling over 15 a month, & then switch up to the $300 minimum to get the cheaper per-pattern deal.
    • Buy the cutting software & all the patterns up front for a large fee, & then have unlimited use with no additional fees..

Most of the kits that seamed in the middle lower areas have been replaced by separate longer parts that seam on the sides in out of the way areas, Corvettes, 911s... I tell customers that is because so many get curbed and if it was all one piece, you'd have to replace the whole thing instead of just the lower. Also, your good customers aren't going to buy it from the dealership anyways.

Plus the dealer is gonna mark it up $300-$400 so it may help you charge more on the retail end.

Norm,

Give us a call if you want to give the DAP another try. We can fix you up with another trial, no problem. Keep in mind that we bill in rears and are on net 15 payment terms, so if you started your trial on September 1 and decided to stick with it, your first software bill wouldn't be due for 2.5 months on November 15th.

The way I see it, you have a high enough talent level to make one of our kits look better than a most people's work (custom or kit), so you could be proud of any install, kit or not.

You could also offer it at different pricing tiers. It's no different than having different trim levels on a car or different packages with cable tv. If you want heated seats, V8, and navigation, you have to pony up for the premium package. That way, if anyone judges you on a kit (which they most likely won't if it's a solid install) you can always say "they decided to go with the 'B' package."

Guest Invisibra.net
Norm,

Give us a call if you want to give the DAP another try. We can fix you up with another trial, no problem. Keep in mind that we bill in rears and are on net 15 payment terms, so if you started your trial on September 1 and decided to stick with it, your first software bill wouldn't be due for 2.5 months on November 15th.

The way I see it, you have a high enough talent level to make one of our kits look better than a most people's work (custom or kit), so you could be proud of any install, kit or not.

You could also offer it at different pricing tiers. It's no different than having different trim levels on a car or different packages with cable tv. If you want heated seats, V8, and navigation, you have to pony up for the premium package. That way, if anyone judges you on a kit (which they most likely won't if it's a solid install) you can always say "they decided to go with the 'B' package."

That's appreciated Jeff. We have been planning on re-approaching the high end dealerships in the area to again promote paint protection film packages. Previously, I was offering the custom installed, which looked great, but because of the premium price, it was a difficult sell for the sales people, after dealership mark-up. I expect that getting a cheaper installation option would promote a higher quantity of sales. It's my OC side that I have to knock out & drag along...

In all reality, I'd love to cruse along doing only retail work, with custom installation, but the economy and I think the ridiculous record setting Texas summer heat has taken a bite out of my normal summer busy season, so back to working with dealerships...

reading this thread, definitely gives me a new found "light" on the topic, mainly with the "we don't want every corner shop" doing PPF, although i agree with this, i think its the same as tint, the quality is still going to weed out the sh***y guys.

With that being said, i feel if i cant afford the Xpel DAP software right now(which i cant), then i am not doing something right.

I have spoken with Jeff and he was nice enough to give me some tips and tricks to help improve business without blowing the budget on a marketing strategy or something of the sort! Top notch employees i must say, what other film company also helps you build your business!.

Regardless, i am working on trying a few things to help boost business and eventually get back into the DAP, until then Digital Designs will tide me through so i can at least lay most film, or just custom apply what patterns i don't have.

Great thread!

Thanks.

Dustin

Archived