96 mustang convertible

dgmt321

Today for the first time I tinted a rear glass of a convertible top 96 mustang. it was a f'ing nightmare. Every other window came out excellent except the back glass. I screwed up three times before i gave up and I didn't even wanna charge money for it. Now its not like it was completely garbage, it came out good EXCEPT the only thing that looks horrible is I couldn't get a perfect cut along the edges so there was some light gap lil bit and there. It's not like a regular back window where I can hide the film behind dot matrix line. I felt bad for giving up on it and I know I need a tons more practice. But I am just wondering are these window suppose to be easy? Also if anybody could give me any tips and tricks on how tint these convertible rear glass perfectly. I appreciated it, thank you.

no good tips, I agree, I hate them and their 15 years of dirt. just do your best to clean clean clean. I used to make a pattern out of the liner before I got my cutter. With the machine I just cut it out, shrink it, overlap the bottom edge and trim it to fit there, then hope for the best on the install.

no good tips, I agree, I hate them and their 15 years of dirt. just do your best to clean clean clean. I used to make a pattern out of the liner before I got my cutter. With the machine I just cut it out, shrink it, overlap the bottom edge and trim it to fit there, then hope for the best on the install.

yeah thats what I did too. I overlap the edges, and then i would use a hard card and cut along the edges, but its alot harder then I thought. It doesn't come out as perfect as I want it. How did it go for you base on your experience?

yeah thats what I did too. I overlap the edges, and then i would use a hard card and cut along the edges, but its alot harder then I thought. It doesn't come out as perfect as I want it. How did it go for you base on your experience?

They never come out as good as I want, but usually good enough that no one else will notice, lol.

They never come out as good as I want, but usually good enough that no one else will notice, lol.

Oh ok. I guess I Shouldn't feel too bad considering it was my first time. I'll continue to practice until I get this down.

Oh ok. I guess I Shouldn't feel too bad considering it was my first time. I'll continue to practice until I get this down.

I think the biggest thing is to get the water out on the first swipe and do what you can to make sure the film doesn't bunch up and suck the dirty water back up in to it.

Guest shadeking

Typical convertible back window. Nothing tough about it. Lay a piece of film on the outside, carefully shrink it on a low heat setting, no trimming. Use a fine black sharpie and draw where your gonna cut it. Lay it on your trim board then cut it.

Guest De4thMet4LKing00

I usually just cut them right along the edge (normally there is no play on the bottom). The sides have some extra room, but I don't butt it up against the edges because of the dirt and fibers. I'm never really 100% happy with them when i'm done but there isn't much you can do

Archived