tinter's are my biggest HEADACHE !!!

Guest abc40kids

1. Most of them think that this guy I work for cant make it without me kinda attitude and its aggervating to deal with. Just have to keep looking till you find a good one or train someone who has never tinted that has a good attitude that you think will fit the job. Good Luck!

this is absolutely correct. i never hire with previous experience unless i know its good experience. but id rather train from the ground up.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Malcolm E Boo
I've been in business for 25 years with tinting being part of my business for more than 15 years. We sell wheels, tires, lift kits, the list goes on .............. I do not tint myself, but as the owner I understand and know how to sell the film.We are a Suntek and Huper dealer and with two shops stay very busy all year! I pay my guys 35% and I am the most expensive guy in town. My installer usually does NOT have to sell the job, just install the film .............. needless to say they are my best paid employees and the hardest to keep happy! The problem I have is we only do a perfect job and we charge for it, finding a tinter that can get the job done has become near impossible! I have been looking for tinters for more than a year now and you wouldn't believe the people that walk in my office and say they can tint. I've had some really good installers over the years but they all seem to have serious issues that come along with them. We employee salesman, mechanics, no where near the drama as a tinter!!! They all have a better way to do it and many fall on their face trying to do it on there own. Any good tinter can make some quick cash in their garage or shop jumping but to be the one guy at a shop that turns out car after car every day and the tinter is making BIGG money....... sorry don't get it, we go to work to make money, I can't make you get along with all the tinters I employee! Just do your job and quit the crying!! sorry for the rant, just don't get it.

Using paragraphs makes this tinter happy.

Guest CZtint

Heh,

I can honestly say I tint for 7years, 5years on my own, I still often remember how it was when I was employee, I had nearly same money, but with NO worries, I wasnt selling, buying film, nothing, just tinting, problem was we were mobile so I got fed up of driving often 300km a day to do all tintjobs. If I would find a tintshop who would provide me fair offer, I wouldnt decide for too long I must say, maybe you can make more money as shop owner, but if you want high quality, you hardly find someone doing good job, so Id say, shut up and tint.

I have no idea how much do you sell for, so cannot judge how good salary 35% is, but im sure its not so bad. I think manners mostly go from state to state, here in czech, most of companies are forced to be mobile (except those in biggest cities) as customers here are very unlikey going to you if its more then 20 kilometers (17miles or so) so we must drive, most sh***y thing to do, being stuck all day in traffic:)

I understand you tho, most of tinters thinks they cannot be replaced...

*** i rip it off and do it myself and tell them to watch. they are always like "WTF?"***

Yes, this is right tool to stare them down :bingo

one thing that mobile tint teached me well, is dealing with customer, and never show any nervosity or something, it is very stressfull job sometimes, but I learned how to do basically any car aviable in EU with ease, and if its not going well, just get glass of coke, breath a while and do it again and again till its perfect, you can check my photo of merc CLS, driver window was 4th attempt as I got seriously unlucky few times, but what, still made it so customer was more than happy.

Guest Tritek Window Tinting

It really is rough finding high quality people these days, some how I always end up tinting almost everyday no matter how many guys I have working in the shop.

Anyone worth a damn is gonna go out on his own and make real money. Not 35% from the guy that doesn't know how to tint. So you are left with the scraps. Sucks but that's the way it is. Especially in parts of the country that the market is saturated.

Anyone worth a damn is gonna go out on his own and make real money. Not 35% from the guy that doesn't know how to tint. So you are left with the scraps. Sucks but that's the way it is. Especially in parts of the country that the market is saturated.

Good tinters are rarely good business people.

It is VERY hard to find a tinter that is a full package. They can tint very good, have a good attitude, show up on time everyday, and dont have a m*th or alcohol problem. They can talk to a customer and are presentable as well. It just rarely happens.

It's a catch 22 . They DO exist ... they are called "self employed" :lol

Guest nordfink
It is VERY hard to find a tinter that is a full package. They can tint very good, have a good attitude, show up on time everyday, and dont have a m*th or alcohol problem. They can talk to a customer and are presentable as well. It just rarely happens.

It's a catch 22 . They DO exist ... they are called "self employed" :lol

:bingo

I stopped paying comission yrs ago . Best to pay a salary yr round and tell them you need a perfect car in 1 1/2 hrs up front . For some reason commission workers get too greedy and get bad work ethics . Then god forbid you ask them to do anything beside tinting instead of them sitting around doing nothing .

Archived