tinter's are my biggest HEADACHE !!!

Guest abc40kids

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I have to ask is it wrong of me to get pissed at him for adding his friends cars to my list? I make 9$ an hour, and feel that I'm worth much more, is that wrong of me?

Pissed,  yes, especially running the biz so-he-can-play at those wages. I was an in-house tinter for a 7 badge car dealership in 1990, paid $12/hr + $3/car and all I did was tint to my hearts content.

Your boss man needs to pony up!

As to the overall topic, I was once the tinter the thread starter portrayed; arrogant, self-centered and had my share of baggage. Owned three shops in Florida and didn't have the business savvy to run one. It's different, very different for me today; I could own again and be very savvy, but I choose not to because of the constraints in finding good ones.

I too agree, tinters can be all the above in this discussion; they can be good ones, they can be bad ones, they can even be ugly, but it is a fact it will always be difficult to find a good one. Today, it is much more difficult to find the good ones in the pool of gamers, smart phone divas and computer geek wannabes.

As to the overall topic, I was once the tinter the thread starter portrayed; arrogant, self-centered and had my share of baggage. Owned three shops in Florida and didn't have the business savvy to run one. It's different, very different for me today; I could own again and be very savvy, but I choose not to because of the constraints in finding good ones.

I think there's quite a few of us over 40 who have similar stories.

What a dangerous force we would be if we all got together!  :lol

I've worked with very few over 40 - 20plus experienced that still had the primadonna attitude. We usually get along great and work our asses off with no judging. :yoda

I'd try to negotiate something much more fair and if he wouldn't budge I'd walk. Chances are he'd call you back with a better offer, but you have to be willing to walk and be credible about it.

In your position I've never earned less than 35% of the ticket. I know some shop owners might take issue with that number, but that's my experience.

I can't afford to, my bills won't be paid. If I could I'd be gone. Only 2 other tint shops in the area, and their full.

Guest Derek Medeiros

wow seems like most of us Canadians get underpaid to the max.

hard working tinter, 5 years exp. def. not pro but can tint and do a clean job. perfectionist. 

I can barely break 40k CAN a year with my employer

and I'm NGA certified glass guy (8 years exp) I've been thinking of a career change completely.

Archived