what would be the best silver film

I am bidding this job, they are asking for a silver film to be applied on the back side to look like a mirror.

So as the title says, what would be the best silver film for this situation.......?

glasstop001.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VOLTRON

Hard to tell from the drawing but are these interior panels that wont see sunlight and is it poly or glass? I think if its regular glass just about any silver 20 film will work although a Dual Reflective 15% might work better if they would be open to changing spec.

I'm just curious why they want it to be a mirror. It looks like a desk and you'd think at night the reflection from the screen would be bothersome.

I guess if they want a mirror, the highest reflectivity Silver 20. If its very dark beneath the glass a 20% should work just fine regardless.

Guest VOLTRON

could be a jail control room, I did a bunch of them when I had my business so the inmates couldnt see the gaurds in the control room. No lights on in the control room just the light from the screens and other electronic gadgets that had a small LED that told you the thing was on.

Guest VOLTRON

any standard silver 20 should work although check for clarity with the film, some are grainy.

not to just push our film but our silver 20 has good clarity.

It looks like a monitor is going to be mounted below the desktop if I am reading that diagram correctly. You would probably want a setup where you have a 51%+ reflective film, high quality because it will be eyeballed all day... another thing you may want to consider doing is a layer of blackout behind the silver to cut out any light transmittance around the edges of the film. Just a thought, I once did a bunch of these and that techniques helped. A ps adhesive helps on the install too.

As for a good silver film? It looks like you've been in this business long enough to know who makes the good looking stuff and who does not. Call me or shoot me an email and I will be happy to chat with you about it. :spit

Archived