Can you tell the difference between films?

Guest james#70

Guest james#70

Can anyone view a film and say 'thats llumar, suntek etc etc? Im trying to match a film allready installed on a car, its a 20% film but unsure of brand' car was tinted 3 years ago from new by main dealer, see picture below, the film i am trying to match is on the left, the film on the right is suntek standard 20% - from looking out the suntek is alot darker and harder to see out of

llumar002.jpg

We get this type of inquiry on a regular basis. A couple ways to handle it:

• Obtain a specimen of the film for comparison and check it against sample decks in your library (if you have them)
  • Simply ignore the brand and find the closest match
  • Tell the customer that the only way to ensure a 100% match is to re-tint the whole vehicle
  • Get the customer's approval to "match it as close as possible" and do the best you can.

-Howard

Guest james#70

• Obtain a specimen of the film for comparison and check it against sample decks in your library (if you have them)
  • Tell the customer that the only way to ensure a 100% match is to re-tint the whole vehicle
  • Get the customer's approval to "match it as close as possible" and do the best you can.

-Howard

thanks. Its a 20% film thats applied to the vehicle so i applied suntek standard 20% - from outside it looks ok, but inside the vehicle it is clearly harder to see through, having only ever used suntek (and recently just tried a sample of llumar) suntek is the only film im used to, but i like the look of the film applied allready as from looking out it is very light and easy to see out off in comparrison with the suntek. But yer without getting samples of every film out there will be pretty impossible to match.

Still though dissapointed as the other film is better in terms of visability compared to suntek

thanks for replies

-Howard

thanks. Its a 20% film thats applied to the vehicle so i applied suntek standard 20% - from outside it looks ok, but inside the vehicle it is clearly harder to see through, having only ever used suntek (and recently just tried a sample of llumar) suntek is the only film im used to, but i like the look of the film applied allready as from looking out it is very light and easy to see out off in comparrison with the suntek. But yer without getting samples of every film out there will be pretty impossible to match.

Still though dissapointed as the other film is better in terms of visability compared to suntek

thanks for replies

It probably has a HP film then

Archived