Classic Black from EWF

Guest scottydosnntkno

no, its a way to be able to upsell with the same film, lessening inventory.

You can sell it as a entry level product because of its price point, with a standard 5/7yr warranty.

Or, the custy can pay 30% more for a lifetime warranty film, which is the same film, just with a different warranty on it.

That way, your cheap customers don't get a shiatty film that doesn't last very long, hurting your name.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you have to :thumb

Hi TG,

You don't have to - it's optional.

If you prefer a CS with CS coverage included in the price, we have multiple options: QDP/CHP/C1.2/C1.5.

-Howard

You can sell it as a entry level product because of its price point, with a standard 5/7yr warranty.

Or, the custy can pay 30% more for a lifetime warranty film, which is the same film, just with a different warranty on it.

That way, your cheap customers don't get a shiatty film that doesn't last very long, hurting your name.

Hi Scotty,

I sincerely appreciate your explaining this from a dealer's prospective. You hit the nail on the head.

We are very concerned that this will cause confusion in the market. Not everyone will understand this as you did.

Thanks so much,

Howard

Hi Scotty,

I sincerely appreciate your explaining this from a dealer's prospective. You hit the nail on the head.

We are very concerned that this will cause confusion in the market. Not everyone will understand this as you did.

Thanks so much,

Howard

I understand this but it sounds shady still..So you tell the customer you can tint their car with x film with a 5 year warranty for $xx.xx or for 30% more we'll use the same x film and give you a lifetime warranty :lol I guess that works, but never seen it done this way before :lol

it sounds shady

Hi Micro,

Would you like an extended parts and labor warranty with your new Sears Dishwasher, sir? What's shady about that?

Warranty upgrades have been around for decades. We're all familiar with the eager sales clerk mentioning it post sale to earn a little extra commission.

-Howard

it sounds shady

Hi Micro,

Would you like an extended parts and labor warranty with your new Sears Dishwasher, sir? What's shady about that?

Warranty upgrades have been around for decades. We're all familiar with the eager sales clerk mentioning it post sale to earn a little extra commission.

-Howard

Yeah i suppose so...Ive never sold anything but lifetime warranty films myself, one covers color one doesn't. this is an all new tactic to me, i understand how it works but still seems odd :dunno

Guest scottydosnntkno

You don't necessarily nickle and dime them, because you don't have to tell them that its the same film unless they ask.

You can just say this is X film (standard/whatever you call it at your shop) with a 5 year warranty, this is XX(plus/premium/classic) line which offers a lifetime warranty.

Its no different than many shops who sell "extra" warranties, i believe accent tint is one who comes to mind on here.

As Howard said, its just like extended warranties on anything. Companies push extended warranties so hard because they're pure profit for them 95% of the time. In this case, its 100% profit since its the exact same film. The warranty is on EWF, so it won't cost you money should there ever be a problem.

We have options to suit any marketing approach:

QDP, CHP, C1.2, C1.5 have the CS coverage as standard

CB has it as an option. If you add the cost of the card, the price is the same.

For those dealers who incorporate the up sell, this will enable them to do it without the expense of maintaining more than one line.

-Howard

Archived