Windows that should but dont roll down!

What the hell is with people!? :blink: Since the beginning of July I raised my prices a little. Kind of hopeing that it would slow down some of the nasty leave a puddle of oil on my floor cars from comming in. In the last two weeks ive had two people try and leave me cars with one or more windows not working! :lol2 Im a one man operation so I dont tend to schedual a ton for most days. If it wasnt for me over booking a little here an there I'd be S.O.L. for today! Nice people but my God Why dont they think!? :lol

I know I should mention the windows should work normaly before I set them up but I take it for granted most of the time that people will have a little common sence. Lets not spend money on something that doesnt function properly unless it fixes the problem!! :nono

Thank you for you time! :beer

so basiclly if someone has a none working door glass. you don't think they should get their windows tinted. Even though some window regulators can run as much as $500.

Look at it this way if you can't roll your window down to let a breeze in then there's no harm in having film installed on your windows to block some of the heat. Not to mention that in this economy you really shouldn't complain about getting work, and take every job you can. You never know when you'll hit a dry spell. :lol:blink:

so basiclly if someone has a none working door glass. you don't think they should get their windows tinted. Even though some window regulators can run as much as $500.

Look at it this way if you can't roll your window down to let a breeze in then there's no harm in having film installed on your windows to block some of the heat. Not to mention that in this economy you really shouldn't complain about getting work, and take every job you can. You never know when you'll hit a dry spell. :lol:blink:

Agreed. I can feel your frustration though as it has happened to me many times. I tell them all the same thing. Look, your window doesn't work. I can still tint it but cannot guarantee it will come out clean and will not warranty it either. Never had anyone leave and say I'll come back after I fix this expensive regulator

If you are a panel puller, sometimes you can just tap on the motor housing and it will start working again, and on rare occasions, it's just been years since the rears were rolled down, so you just need to break it free from the rubber. Now, if the regulator is broken, well, have fun.

I dont want to seem ungratfull to have work but I do seem to get a lot of lets say not so nice vehicls through my door. Dead batteries in ten minutes after the key is turned on, car used for a dog/cat kennel, leaves a half qt of oil on the floor, another DIY gone bad! I dont have a monday through saturday schedule, I get six mondays!

Guest De4thMet4LKing00

I just give them the option to either get it fixed or have me tint the window "as is". I explain to them that if they ever get it fixed later down the road, they will see a nice gap at the top of the window. I'd say that 80% of the people just get it tinted anyway

Dont get me wrong normaly I bend over bacward to make sure I get a widow done and right. Ill pull pannels and tap the motors, bypass switches, disconnect the motor and mess with it till its right and reassemble. Im a little tired and a little wired, over three months without a real day off. People are just wearing me down! Ive done my fair share of big gaps because a window doesnt work, it would just be nice to have a smooth day/week once in a while!!! :bingo

Archived