Windows that should but dont roll down!

Guest shadeking
I just give them the option to either get it fixed or have me tint the window "as is". I explain to them that if they ever get it fixed later down the road, they will see a nice gap at the top of the window. I'd say that 80% of the people just get it tinted anyway

Thats what I do, and I get a lot of these people that don't wanna pay to get it fixed and they are usually ok with the film not going to the top.

Guest scottydosnntkno

I find that being a higher end shop you get both extremes of the spectrum. You get mostly brand new off the lot cars, and then you get the old fixer uppers.

New cars explain themselves why they're there.

Old fixer uppers I get a lot of people these days so many people "flip" cars or just hold onto the ones they have. Many times the interiors are all beat up and they figure they'll get it tinted first to improve the looks and hide the work going on on the interior.

in my personal car, I can't remember the last time I personally rolled down the back windows. 2,3 years maybe? Granted its possible that the fact their manual contribute to that, but i like to ride with the a/c on and the fronts cracked for fresh air.

I find that being a higher end shop you get both extremes of the spectrum. You get mostly brand new off the lot cars, and then you get the old fixer uppers.

Old fixer uppers I get a lot of people these days so many people "flip" cars or just hold onto the ones they have. Many times the interiors are all beat up and they figure they'll get it tinted first to improve the looks and hide the work going on on the interior.

in my personal car, I can't remember the last time I personally rolled down the back windows. 2,3 years maybe? Granted its possible that the fact their manual contribute to that, but i like to ride with the a/c on and the fronts cracked for fresh air.

people still buy cars with manual windows? :spit

never know you might be able to sell them a tint job and a window regulator. thats called a win win. :thumb:thumb

I love it when those cars come. I charge em half hour to pull the panel and see what is wrong and I might sell them a new regulator/motor doubling my profit or more on the car.

always good to check the windows when the car is dropped off to avoid this problem. most gm cars the circuit breaker in the motor blows. hold the switch down and smack the inside of the door panel usually get them working again. have fixed hundreds this way over the years. jeep cherokees and f-150 the wiring in the door goes bad. hold the switch while you open and close the door and sometimes they will work long enough to get them tinted. older lhs concords and stratus, the window bonds to the rubber gaskets. flush inside and out with tint solution, hold the window switch and beqat on the door panel. this doesnt cure all of them but a good majority. hope this helps a little

I had a nice old toyota the other day the guy was remodeling. All door panels already removed, oil leaking everywhere, and tar from stationary window seals all over. But the door panels where removed. I just need one good thing to make me happy. Haha

never know you might be able to sell them a tint job and a window regulator. thats called a win win. :blink: :lol

I love it when those cars come. I charge em half hour to pull the panel and see what is wrong and I might sell them a new regulator/motor doubling my profit or more on the car.

I never turn cars away for broke windows. I try to sell em' a regulator, but alot of people could care less.

Of course, you go ahead and tint the widow, customer gets the window fixed

weeks or months later.

Now, ebeyone wants to know who did such a horrible job and your name comes up.

Customer forgets to mention tje window didnt work at the time the window was tinted...

Guest scottydosnntkno

people still buy cars with manual windows? :money

its a '02 saturn :lol

Archived