Newbie in Tennessee......with obvious newbie problems

Guest shturner1975

Guest shturner1975

I really admire you guys for what you are able to do. I'm not quitting! I will get this.

I am a glazier (glass guy) by trade. I just opened a new shop, and decided to add window tinting to my list of services. I have done several flat glass installs, and a few vehicles over the years. I have always worked with llumar products in the past. This is my first experience with Johnson Films. If I need to switch mfg, I will.

I can get the rear tint roughly "formed" to the rear glass. Its when I go to wet test it that I end up getting the creases in it. The film seams really thin to me. Maybe I'm getting it too hot, or not hot enough. I dunno. Gonna watch videos and research all weekend. Thanks guys for all of your encouragement and help.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shturner1975
you missed the search button in the top right corner...

Actually I spent the better part of the day searching for a remedy to my problem. I have a problem with the film "CREASING" after heat shrinking. Didn't find anything on that. Wondering if its the film or me. I guess I will just search the forum for a month or 2 and not add anything to it. Thanks for your help.

Guest Malcolm E Boo

Actually I spent the better part of the day searching for a remedy to my problem. I have a problem with the film "CREASING" after heat shrinking. Didn't find anything on that. Wondering if its the film or me. I guess I will just search the forum for a month or 2 and not add anything to it. Thanks for your help.

Probably you.

Guest shturner1975

Probably you.

Your probably right! lol

Archived