Newbie in Tennessee......with obvious newbie problems

Guest shturner1975

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shturner1975
hey man welcome. I'm out of west TN myself.

What part of west TN are you in?

I also use alot of JFW. If you have any questions I might be able to give you pointers as well. good luck to you :cooldot

Selmer, to be exact. Where you from?

hey man welcome. I'm out of west TN myself.

What part of west TN are you in?

I also use alot of JFW. If you have any questions I might be able to give you pointers as well. good luck to you :beer

Selmer, to be exact. Where you from?

Paris,TN here

I do a bit of traveling, but my auto shop is in my home town of paris, I cover alot of north west Tn and west KY.

I also work on larger projects with US FIilm Crew. I am currently in Canada rightnow, or I would offer to have you come up for the day and give you some 1 on 1 pointer's. Possibly if you are still having trouble when I get back. We could set a day for you to come to my shop. :thumb

Guest shturner1975

Sounds good to me. Let me know when you get back in town.

On a side note, I practiced on the 67 Mustang back glass today. Got it on the first try! Imagine that. Had to spend some time getting water spots off glass (I got some killer shower door cleaner that works great for that). I used baby powder and the "I" method. Never touched it with a card on the outside. Got all of the "vertical" fingers out. Peeled and stuck it on the inside. I had one little finger to heat out on the inside, not a big deal though. I used JWF Marathon 35%.

I think I can blame my earlier problems with shrinking on lack of pulling film tight across the middle. I think I was leaving too much slack and therefore not being able to shrink it all out. I was also using the "H" pattern technique. I'm sure it works, but the "I" technique worked like a charm on this window.

Thanks, once again, to all who have helped!

Archived