Rear Defroster Came off!?!?

Guest nickthetinter

Had same problem with Solar Gard HP Supreme on a mitsi outlander, tint was on for an hour, it dried enough for glue to stick, customer decided to go for a lighter film on the rear (at his expense) and BAM off came all the heater lines.. whoa, after an hour.. good tint IMO but yea.. %&$# demister!!

Guest shadeking

Haven't had this happen, not saying that never will. But it makes me wanna print up some disclaimer forms.

I use a steamer and work slowly removing it. If the film is really old I always tell the customer what the defroster is made of and that I might not be able to save it. They have always been ok with that.

Guest sherwood
I have never seen the rear defroster come off with a removal. I trash bagged the back window like always, Using llumar atc, bg had a tiny hair in it said i would warranty just did the work a month ago. When i removed film almost all the glue came off, with the defroster! Why did this happen, is it the film? Please respond

IF YOU DONT WANT IT TO HAPPEN AGAIN BUY A JIFFY STEAMER.

Are you sure it was the complete defroster that come off, or just the coating? I know from experience that the Lexus line has extremely fat defroster lines with some sort of coating on them. On my own IS300 and all other Lexus that I have done I use 0000 steel wool to rub that coating off, so there is less pushing the tint away from the glass, so less "peanuts" or whatever you kids are calling them these days.

I would check to see if the defroster is still working before I shelled out any cash for replacement.

Guest sherwood
Are you sure it was the complete defroster that come off, or just the coating? I know from experience that the Lexus line has extremely fat defroster lines with some sort of coating on them. On my own IS300 and all other Lexus that I have done I use 0000 steel wool to rub that coating off, so there is less pushing the tint away from the glass, so less "peanuts" or whatever you kids are calling them these days.

I would check to see if the defroster is still working before I shelled out any cash for replacement.

x2 agreed

I have never seen the rear defroster come off with a removal. I trash bagged the back window like always, Using llumar atc, bg had a tiny hair in it said i would warranty just did the work a month ago. When i removed film almost all the glue came off, with the defroster! Why did this happen, is it the film? Please respond

i tintied a brand new kia from a dealership once. as i slid the film into place and started to squeegie it out the defroster came off. they did warranty the glass but freaked me out when it happened. its bad glass not your fault

Thanks for all of the advice. Glass cost me 560 and $100 to install. I will never remove a back window without doing it slowly and looking at defroster. and yes the defroster came off i checked it. The shady side of me said tint it and let them catch it. Couldn't do it though. My buddy said scrape it all off and tell em you don't know what happened. LOL that had me dying. :lol2

i was doing a redo from an competitor...they didnt like the job and had them other shop remove and refund their cash....after i shrunk and started to cut out the rear in noticed some of the lines were missing and called the custy....i thought the other shop may have razored the back or just yanked off the film....it was only spots missing. not the whole thing off...thats why i figured they just riped off the film...maybe they werent dbags and it wasnt their fault....nah it was their fault lol

bummer for you....sucks when problems arise

Archived