Renaming tint..

Guest nickthetinter

Guest nickthetinter

Hi I am new to this forum, I own an automotive tinting company in Auckland NZ called AUTOTINTZ and im interested to see if anyone renames the film they use to suit their individual business? For example I use Solar Gard film and I am wanting to sell the darkest legal "galaxie" film as a different name like "stealth" or something along these lines. Looking for some opinions on this. Cheers.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been doing that for years..it works very well for me and gives me the ability to present a consistent look and feel to my brand, product lines, displays, printed material, etc. Plus I know no other shop is using the same verbage for their films when discussing it with a potential customer so it gives you the appearance of exclusive product availability even if that's not the case and you are using the same film as the guy down the road...

I've been doing that for years..

it gives you the appearance of exclusive product availability even if that's not the case and you are using the same film as the guy down the road...

I bet your customers would feel real good about reading that. I'm either really misunderstanding this thread or some of you guys are intentionally rewording and bull :poop ing customers all in the pursuit of more :money:dunno

Guest VOLTRON

I think what they are doing is selling themselves and "their" film rather then selling someone else's brand of film. I can see advantages and disadvantages with this approach. I dont think it is to intentionally mislead the customer rather then to promote your company. Just my :dunno

I've been doing that for years..

it gives you the appearance of exclusive product availability even if that's not the case and you are using the same film as the guy down the road...

I bet your customers would feel real good about reading that. I'm either really misunderstanding this thread or some of you guys are intentionally rewording and bull :poop ing customers all in the pursuit of more :D :D

For the record I don't appreciate your insinuations and you are completely out of line making the accusation.

I don't deceive anyone, I carry multiple quality and price levels of film. Some of it is name brand...some of it white label. I offer various lengths of warranty..some of those warranties are factory backed...some of them are backed by my company.

I DO NOT sell one brand as another name brand.

I brand my products with MY BRANDING to build MY BUSINESS BRAND, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that and maybe this is news to you but many of the large chains of tint shops have operated this way for decades.

BTW..outside of 3M..the average customer could not name another name brand film not matter what the other brands marketing department or you as an "authorized dealer" would like to believe.

You really need to educate yourself before you start accusing people of deceptive trade practices.

I'm going to add something else...I see you are moderator on this forum TintWizard?

Is this correct?

If so do you feel it is appropriate for a representative of this forum to be making such accusatory comments to the general membership with absolutely no evidence or personal knowledge of the individual or their business?

I also have to add this is at least the second out of line remark by an individual with moderator status here in the last few days...

whats up with this place?

Mods have just as much right to their opinions. TW did say "maybe I'm misunderstanding this"...

Not sure what other post you thought was inappropriate, but we kid around here a lot, don't let it get to you and welcome to the thunderdome.

I'm in the" promote your brand " not the "promote your mfr" camp. I see nothing wrong with adding your own name and code to films a company sells to the retail public. It is another tool for you to separate you from the masses. It creates more paperwork on the tint shop side but as long as you do not give false performance numbers, it is no different than "re boxing" . And we all know that no one ever does that.

Archived