Renaming tint..

Guest nickthetinter

Mods have just as much right to their opinions. TW did say "maybe I'm misunderstanding this"...

Not sure what other post you thought was inappropriate, but we kid around here a lot, don't let it get to you and welcome to the thunderdome.

He is welcome to his opinion but you would think he would realize he as a moderator represents this forum and the TINT DUDE BRAND...(then again he wasn't quite swift enough to grasp the concept of branding so...)

IN MY OPINION his posting REFLECTS POORLY ON YOU as as individual and YOUR BRAND because you appear to condone the opinions and look like you are making excuses for inappropriate remarks by YOUR MODERATOR.

Look I have participated on some of the wildest forums on the net...smack talk and all that does not phase me...this is something else and outside of the fact that he's a mod..the comment is out of line.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm in the" promote your brand " not the "promote your mfr" camp. I see nothing wrong with adding your own name and code to films a company sells to the retail public. It is another tool for you to separate you from the masses. It creates more paperwork on the tint shop side but as long as you do not give false performance numbers, it is no different than "re boxing" . And we all know that no one ever does that.

Dang! I thought I was the only one doing it..well back to the drawing board huh?

You are absolutely right..its not like there are not major brand names of film we all know willing to set up any and all comers as "authorized dealers" without a second thought...even if they are just down the street from you, the guy who has been brand loyal for years.

Now whats the value in saying I have _______ brand film to your customer when everyone else does too? how do you charge MORE than the guy down the street when he has the exact same product banner hanging in front of his shop?

I've been down this road so many times, as have many of you out there, you have to do something to set yourself apart, branding my products is just one of the strategies I employ, and it works very well for me.

tintwizard is the most even-keeled member on this board. i think your over-reacting to his post. and for what it's worth i don't see it as a bad idea to do this. my customers couldn't care less about what film i'm installing or what it's called. it's dealing with me that they care about.

We have a similar topic here:

Tip of the Week: Promoting a Film Brand or Your Brand?

I think it's a good idea.

Thanks for posting that, feels like I could have written that word for word as an example of what I do..

and I'll take responsibility for NOT writing a more complete synopsis of what I do in the initial post if it resulted in a misunderstanding by TintWizard or anyone else.

Archived