Leaf

nctinter

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am part-owner in a battery manufacturing business... It's not going to happen anytime soon. Without getting too scientific, a strictly electric car costs too much to manufacture, maintain, etc...

The thing you have to remember is that the typical Li-ion(or the like) battery will only decrease in capacity, after leaving the showroom. Unlike the gas-powered engine, your mpg's will remain pretty consistent (if you maintain your car). One of my V8 sedans still gets 31mpg (on cruise), 240,000 miles later.

And considering the regulations that are put on battery manufacturers each and every year, forgetabout it...

:waving

Guest Malcolm E Boo
Zero Emissions. Some people care about that

Are there any zero emission power stations? As they are required to produce the energy required to recharge your zero emission car.

No such thing as zero emissions same as there is no such thing as free money.

The problem with ignorant people is that they are ignorant that they are ignorant!!! It's all marketing, politics, push "this" in the name of "that"... But I know I'm preaching to the choir...

I'm ignorant on some topics, but I'm aware of this. So, if it's important enough for me to know a topic then I'll educate myself on it. I think in our society (created by design...of a few), people are too busy with the daily life that they don't educate themselves about the truth on certain matters.

For example "GREEN". What does it really mean to be "green".

What it really means is for the "working" people(us) to give our hard earned money to the Al Gore's of the world in way of supporting their "GREEN" objectives/projects. While they are compensated(under the table, of course).

And I refuse to participate. Except, we are slowly being forced to participate. Via mercury bulbs( my name for them), no more incandecent bulbs, etc...

:thumb

Guest Malcolm E Boo
The problem with ignorant people is that they are ignorant that they are ignorant!!! It's all marketing, politics, push "this" in the name of "that"... But I know I'm preaching to the choir...

I'm ignorant on some topics, but I'm aware of this. So, if it's important enough for me to know a topic then I'll educate myself on it. I think in our society (created by design...of a few), people are too busy with the daily life that they don't educate themselves about the truth on certain matters.

For example "GREEN". What does it really mean to be "green".

What it really means is for the "working" people(us) to give our hard earned money to the Al Gore's of the world in way of supporting their "GREEN" objectives/projects. While they are compensated(under the table, of course).

And I refuse to participate. Except, we are slowly being forced to participate. Via mercury bulbs( my name for them), no more incandecent bulbs, etc...

:)

It is all bollocks.

On the sticker it says it comes with "Save the Earth" disposable bags. :lol2

The base price of the car is 33k. The one I did was loaded. Nifty little solar panel on the rear wing too...might come standard like this. Range says 60-100 miles on a single charge. I think it also said 15 hours to fully charge, but it may have been 5. I was heat wasted by the time I started tinting that car.

Archived