Expel Ultimate or wait for Nano?

Guest Roger555

Guest Roger555

I dropped my car off for a Nano install on my bumper, headlights, mirrors & rocker panels . This installer uses scotch guard for the majority of his installs, he does nano too but he said they recently had some quality problems & only recently rereleased their film, so he didn't have any. The installer said the Avery supplier owed him a few rolls and he would get it here for a Wednesday appointment I had (2 days ago) so I dropped my car off the night before.

Anyways the nano never showed and he didn't seem surprised, he said I could wait for the nano he thinks a week (not sure though) or I could use the new Expel extreme he will have on Monday. My main concern is bug guts staining and scratching as I drive on the highway 100 miles/ day & I cant possibly clean the bugs off every single day.

What would you do?? Anyone feedback at all on this films durability?

P.S. as an installer would would you charge for this install? Car: Acura TL

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dropped my car off for a Nano install on my bumper, headlights, mirrors & rocker panels . This installer uses scotch guard for the majority of his installs, he does nano too but he said they recently had some quality problems & only recently rereleased their film, so he didn't have any. The installer said the Avery supplier owed him a few rolls and he would get it here for a Wednesday appointment I had (2 days ago) so I dropped my car off the night before.

Anyways the nano never showed and he didn't seem surprised, he said I could wait for the nano he thinks a week (not sure though) or I could use the new Expel extreme he will have on Monday. My main concern is bug guts staining and scratching as I drive on the highway 100 miles/ day & I cant possibly clean the bugs off every single day.

What would you do?? Anyone feedback at all on this films durability?

P.S. as an installer would would you charge for this install? Car: Acura TL

If you are concerned about bug guts, I would suggest XPEL Ultimate film over XPEL Xtreme. It is very easy to clean bugs off of the Ultimate film.

Guest Roger555

OOhh I'm sorry I misspoke it is the EXPEL Ultimate not the extreme. Just changed the title.

I believe you jeff!! I just need some input from someone who doesn't sell it!

Guest Roger555

I do too! I've used it on fog lights and some other small parts. It looks great and doesn't scratch easily like the venture shield I have used.

I was just hoping for some feedback on the Expel cause from what i've read it has the potential to be as good. I might just wait for the nano but my dilemma is I need my car back sometime soon, but I cant drive it till I get film installed! I spent a good week filling rock chips, wet sanding and buffing! Don't want to mess it up, and all I do is highway driving.

Guest Roger555

Ya thats another thing will It really be a week. I don't want to settle with an inferior film (not that the Expel is necessarly) I just wish there was more feedback.

What about price for this install what would you charge>?

Ya thats another thing will It really be a week. I don't want to settle with an inferior film (not that the Expel is necessarly) I just wish there was more feedback.

What about price for this install what would you charge>?

I wouldn't hesitate to use the Xpel film, i have samples of both nano and the ultimate film and they look great, Xpels older films may not have been as good but they have stepped up their game, maybe if i get a chance tomorrow or Sunday i will lay the SidebySide i have been wanting to do for awhile now to give you the idea of the differences.

Also no one is going to comment on what the "going price" is for an install, it is kind of installers code, prices don't get discussed on the forum. And for good reason to, geographical areas play the largest role in price differentiation.

Thanks.

Dustin

About 4 years ago I found a sealant made for aircraft windscreens. It has a very fine polish in it and it is made to "fill in" swirls marks so pilots can see. I have found it to be an excellent product... and after 4 years of using it not one case of yellowing. It also makes the film VERY slick and prevents bugs from staining it as well as any etching. My clients have also come back and said it works like Rain-X on the windshield and prevents brake dust from building up on the wheels.

Archived