Expel Ultimate or wait for Nano?

Guest Roger555

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Roger555
Ya thats another thing will It really be a week. I don't want to settle with an inferior film (not that the Expel is necessarly) I just wish there was more feedback.

What about price for this install what would you charge>?

I wouldn't hesitate to use the Xpel film, i have samples of both nano and the ultimate film and they look great, Xpels older films may not have been as good but they have stepped up their game, maybe if i get a chance tomorrow or Sunday i will lay the SidebySide i have been wanting to do for awhile now to give you the idea of the differences.

Also no one is going to comment on what the "going price" is for an install, it is kind of installers code, prices don't get discussed on the forum. And for good reason to, geographical areas play the largest role in price differentiation.

Thanks.

Dustin

well for example window tint is 175-350 i've never seen it go over 400, even if it is a good install with good tint, I would never pay 400 for tint . The cost for the ppf install is going to be 550 for the items listed above , maybe if I list the price I could get comments on that, I have no basis for comparison on ppf?

Ya thats another thing will It really be a week. I don't want to settle with an inferior film (not that the Expel is necessarly) I just wish there was more feedback.

I wouldn't hesitate to use the Xpel film, i have samples of both nano and the ultimate film and they look great, Xpels older films may not have been as good but they have stepped up their game, maybe if i get a chance tomorrow or Sunday i will lay the SidebySide i have been wanting to do for awhile now to give you the idea of the differences.

Also no one is going to comment on what the "going price" is for an install, it is kind of installers code, prices don't get discussed on the forum. And for good reason to, geographical areas play the largest role in price differentiation.

Thanks.

Dustin

well for example window tint is 175-350 i've never seen it go over 400, even if it is a good install with good tint, I would never pay 400 for tint . The cost for the ppf install is going to be 550 for the items listed above , maybe if I list the price I could get comments on that, I have no basis for comparison on ppf?

i am telling you, its a forum rule to not discuss price, plus as with a service, your location plays a large role in what it is worth.

you should see the value in the package the installer you are going with is giving you, if you don't, then that's an issue.

Guest Invisibra.net

Too true. Price can actually be a huge swing here, and we don't want someone comparing a veteran expert installers prices to someone who is willing to almost give it away, in order to try to "Learn" on your car.

PPF is much more complicated to install at the highest quality level than window tint. I window tinted for 18 years, & have been doing PPF for 14, or 16, or something like that.

I'll tell you this. To do a bumper, plus rockers, headlights, mirrors, I would not do the job for as cheaply as you mentioned.

Now, to highlight the question asked...

I believe that the Avery film is the most technically advanced film on the market at this time. However, they cannot seem to be able to get their production figured out.

The new Xpel Ultimate is the only other film that a sharpie permanent marker can be cleaned totally off of. Rubbing alcohol will clean it well. The Avery cleans even better though.

With that said, I would say the Ultimate is the way to go until the 60" Avery is available, which could easily be next year sometime.

It's a shame really, because I like every aspect of the Avery film, but it's getting more and more frustrating to deal with having to explain to my customers that I have to use 2 different films when doing a full front end wrap.

Thanks.

Dustin

I sell tint jobs over $400 quite frequently and people are more than happy with the price. $550 here at a reputable shop might get PPF on your hood, fenders and mirrors, MIGHT.

God damn.

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?sh...=58699&st=0

Ever hear the phrase, "%&$# or get off the pot"? It's been more than a year already, if you are so concerned about rock chips, just get the %&$# done. How that tint job holding up since I doube you did anything with the sweeps. Got a few scratches do you?

Guest Roger555
God damn.

Ever hear the phrase, "%&$# or get off the pot"? It's been more than a year already, if you are so concerned about rock chips, just get the %&$# done. How that tint job holding up since I doube you did anything with the sweeps. Got a few scratches do you?

Its my project car i've only put a few thousand miles on it sense last year which is right after I bought it. My daily driver is having some issues so I'll be switching over soon, hence the increasing desire to get the ppf. Plus spending 600 on ppf wasent exactly on the top of my list & I only recently found a good installer in the area.

Also my tint is holding great I've done several cars sense, I find tint very easy to install and I use moleskins for the sweeps, no scratches here. Why the hostility ? seriously referencing old threads?

God damn.

Why the hostility ? seriously referencing old threads?

Because you are annoying. Why not install it yourself?

Guest Roger555
God damn.

Why the hostility ? seriously referencing old threads?

Because you are annoying. Why not install it yourself?

Why because I ask questions? Why don't you grow up and stop being an ass, and maybe not comment on my threads anymore? Thank you

Why because I ask questions? Why don't you grow up and stop being an ass, and maybe not comment on my threads anymore? Thank you

No, because you quantify our livelihood as a commodity to be consumed and don't respect the the hard work that goes behind that dollar figure. I am sure you have wasted this installers time with a billion goddamn questions, have probably jewed him down from his retail price, and he is probably putting you off so you finally go somewhere else. I might be wrong, but I'm just trying to read between the lines here.

Archived